August 15, 2008

Friday Flowerblogging


Hybiscus blooming in south garden.

I got home around 5. I stopped at a roadside stand and got some corn on the cob and peaches. I had the corn for dinner. I was rather upset by a large enveloped stuffed in my door from the IRS. It had the company name on it and my name. No address and no postage. Someone hand delivered it. It has they have no record of a couple forms. They have been filed and I have sent copies and my accountant sent copies at least 6 times. I looked all over for the darn forms and can't find them. I remember putting somewhere just for this purpose. My accountant has copies so I'll have to contact him to take care of the problem. The IRS lady left me two copies of her letter. After freaking out, I had my dinner and then cut the grass. I figured I need to water tomorrow starting very early and wouldn't be able to cut the grass and water at the same time. When I walked out the door, it started to spritz. I continued with my grass cutting chore and the rain didn't amount to anything. It's a good thing I kept on.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol at August 15, 2008 10:16 PM

Hi Karol,

I'm so sorry you have the worry about the IRS. I'm sure everything will eventually get straightened out. But as you said, with someone hand delivering the envelope, it was bound to be pretty upsetting. Why does yukky stuff have to happen? We'll never figure that one out will we?

We haven't seen Betsey in the Water Polo yet. We keep trying, but, they're forever showing soething else. Of course, all the events are exciting to see, especially if USA is participating. I sure hope they beat Russia. Isn't it just amazing that your niece is playing in the Olympics? Pretty cool!!!

Enjoy the weekend and your gorgeous yard and Danny. Sending you all my best. Ruth

Posted by: Ruth at August 16, 2008 3:50 PM

Dear Karol, It's always upsetting when you miss someone important. Or think you have. It was just a government worker. Try not to stress over it. If it didn't have a note with a person to contact don't waste your time worring. If it did have a person to contact. Lots of luck. It can wait another six months. Just make sure you keep a record of trying to contact them. Especially with the same information for the umpteenth time. Owen had this problem and it took over two years to straighten out. We were in the right and it finally took a trainee who took it to his top boss to get it fixed. We had gone through Atlantia, Oregon, Calif., and Pa.along with Va. So don't stress over it. Enjoy the beautiful weather. Oh and by the way if it's because they owe you money. Ask for interest. Thinking about you and hoping you have a wonderful vacation with your brother in Calif. after the olymphics. Affectionately, Cheryl

Posted by: at August 16, 2008 4:07 PM