November 26, 2009

Thursday, November 26, 2009

I fixed some things up around here this morning. In the back bathroom, there is a cabinet over the toilet. It was not attached to the wall on one side. I tried several times to attach it but couldn’t. I took the screw out to see if it fit in the groove and it did. I noticed it wasn’t lined up correctly so I marked it and screwed it into the wall. It wasn’t easy because I didn’t have enough clearance for the screwdriver. I took off the bit of one of the screwdrivers and gripped it with the vice grips. It was slow going but I got it done and mounted the cabinet to the wall. Next, I put a fancy hook on the back of the bathroom door. It’s decorative with birds and bird houses and has five hooks on it. I marked where to put the screws and got out the drill. The door is a hollow door and the panels are paper thin. I hope the hook holds. It looks like a solid wood door but I’m wondering if its vinyl. It drilled as if it were.

I glued one of my earrings with goop this morning. It is an autumn leaf and I wanted to wear it today with my outfit. It seems to be holding up OK.

I went to make my cranberry Waldorf salad yesterday and realized I forgot to bring my recipe. Computers are a wonder. I looked up and found the recipe. I had to make half yesterday and refrigerate overnight. I finished it up today. I went over real well as I made a big bowl using my glass Dutch oven. My serving dishes are packed in paper and in boxes here in the computer. They are waiting for my china closet to be moved in and that won’t be until I sell the house in Vineland.

We went to my nephew, Rick’s for dinner. When carrying in my Dutch oven, the lid slipped off and crashed and burned all over the front steps. I’m glad the food didn’t crash with it. Rick cleaned it up.

We had a real nice dinner. Turkey was the main course with all the trimmings. It was a good turkey; it was very moist. I stuffed myself as usual but boxed up my dessert to take home. I’ll have it tomorrow.

I hooked up my Christmas lights on the two little trees this morning. I had put the lights on last weekend but I ran the power cords to them today. I have an outlet that goes on at dusk and off at dawn. I didn’t plug them in yet but they are good to go.

I put a fiber optic Christmas tree in the front window. I may replace it with a 3 foot tree that we had in our office. I’ll have to move the air mattresses back to the side window. I moved the plants into the computer room. The tree has decorations of gold. I think it has colored lights. I may get white ones for it.

I’m going to put my regular tree in the living room here and the 6 foot tree we used in the lobby at the office will go in the house in Vineland. I don’t know if I’ll get the icicle lights on the roof here or not. I have to bring my ladder down. It will fit in my car if I put down the back seat. I have to bring a lot of stuff down including the tree and all the decorations. I’ll also have to bring down my large white outdoor table. It comes in two pieces. I don’t know if it will fit in my car or not. It may fit in the back seat but I’m not sure. If not, I’ll have to take my dinning table apart and bring it. I may be having Christmas dinner here.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol at November 26, 2009 9:34 PM