June 22, 2012

Friday, June 22, 2012

I took Danny to the Kennel and checked him in. He didn't want to leave me. He thought he was being taken into the exam room and put his brakes on. The boarding services lady gave him a tug and away he went. I felt like a mother must feel when she puts her kindergarten child on the bus for the first time.

We drove to Don's house and waited for him to get home from work. They kept giving him more to do. We got some sandwiches at WaWa and took off for the Shore. Traffic was heavy but moving. We arrived in Wildwood Crest in an hour and forty-five minutes. We checked into the motel. It is about a half block from the beach. If we were on the second or third floor, we would have an ocean view. We have to go up to the sun deck or walk down the block.

We went to North Wildwood for the Italian Festival. It was thundering so the vendors were battening down. We walked up on the seawall which has a walk way along it. We went down to the lighthouse and through the gardens there. We went inside the gift shop. The lighthouse tour closed at 4:00 and it was 4:30 so we couldn't go up into the light house. It is not a high light house. The lady said it was a Harbor Light for the inlet. The ones for the ocean are much higher. We ate at a little Italian restaurant. Don and I got veal parm sandwiches and Erin got a sausage parm sandwich. The vet called while we were eating to see if I wanted Danny to have a sedative to calm him down during the thunder storm. He get terrified and there was no place in the kennel for him to hide. I had such a hugh sandwich so I brought half of it back to the room. It was raining and lightning so we wait until it cleared up before leaving for the boardwalk. We drove into Wildwood and parked in a lot for five bucks. We walked along the boardwalk to Morey's Pier and back again. Erin bought a T-shirt and since I left my reading glasses at Don's house, I bought a pair at a dollar store. We got a Kohr's Kustard and sat on a bench on the boardwalk. It started raining and was starting to come down hard as we walked to the car. It is still raining but not as hard. I still hear thunder though. Erin got a text from my nephew, Ed saying my nephew, Rick had damage from the storm All his trees came down and his roof is leaking. Ed said the storm was not that bad in Chesapeake City.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol at June 22, 2012 10:26 PM

One of my favorite things about the boardwalks down there - Kohls Custard! Have one for me.

Posted by: Phyllis East at June 23, 2012 10:02 AM
Post a comment

Remember personal info?