September 11, 2015

Friday, September 11, 2015

I seem to blog less and less often. I spend hours on the computer and don't seem to have the time to blog. I feel bad as I am not keeping Ted's blog going. I haven't been well all summer. I've had all kinds of tests on my heart and lungs and they all come out normal. I have one more test for asthma and if that's normal then I got to a cardiac specialist. I hope I can get this resolved. When I have one of my breathing spells, it takes a couple days to recover.

Tonight, I sing at the 9/11 Memorial for the victims of the World Trade Center, the flight over Pennsylvania, and the Pentagon. I will be singing with my friends from the Church Choir, Sandy, Betty, and Tina. We will sing the Star Spangled Banner, God Bless America, The Battle Hymn of the Republic, and America the Beautiful. I hope it goes well as we have not practiced except for a couple of songs last night. Two of my friends, held the note for Free, too high and too long. ("Land of the Free") It was screechy and I felt ruined the song. It was like some of those awful renditions you hear at ball games. I hope when we practice tonight before the show that it can be ironed out.

Last Saturday, I went to Ocean City, NJ with my friend, Sandy. We was a beautiful day and just perfect for the beach and boardwalk. We arrived at 9:15a, and walked along the edge of the water. The water temp was quite warm but what's a walk along the water's edge without a big wave rolling in and splashing all the up to my hips. There was a nice breeze so we dried off quickly. We went up on the boardwalk at the Music Pier where they have a spigot to wash the sand off the feet. We brought towels to dry our feet so we could put on our shoes. We used the restroom there and continued our walk to the end of the boardwalk. We turned around and walked back. It was 10:45 and the Hula Grill didn't open until 11:00 so we walked back to the Music Pier where they had a craft show. We looked around and I bought a nice painted clam shell with an Ocean City Beach scene. My master bath is decorated with a nautical theme.

We had a nice lunch at the Hula Grill and then continued our walk down the boardwalk visiting the little shops along the way. We finished at out starting point of 17th Street. On the way home, we stopped at a Bar B Que stand and got some ribs to take home to dinner.

Robin, next door dog sat Sparky for the day. He stayed over night on Friday with her and her children. They love playing with Sparky and he enjoys their company.

I want to visit my friend, Phyllis, tomorrow. She and her husband, Len have a motor home and travel all over the country. They will be at her daughter's until the 14th but it is a two hour drive and I don't feel like driving by myself. I should have checked with my brother and my friend, Dottie to see if they'd like to go and then with Robin to see if she would be available for Sparky. Everything seems to be such a hassle anymore.

My niece and her son are sick. He started pre-school and some kid came to school sick and now many of the other kids and their parents are sick. It will probably be that way all year.

I was hoping to go on a vacation this year but with this respiratory problem I've been having, I just wasn't up to going anywhere. I hope it's resolved soon.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol at September 11, 2015 7:45 AM

Before everything else, take care of those health issues. We will be sure to get together when we come back to the area. Just check my blog for our schedule.


Posted by: Phyllis at September 11, 2015 4:49 PM
Post a comment

Remember personal info?