November 2, 2009

Monday, November 2, 2009

I did a couple things around here today. I unpacked some things and went through them. I brought some things in from the shed and stored them in the closet. I put some summer clothes in the other room. When walking Danny, I saw four turkey vultures in the tree across the street. They looked eerie. It was a gray day and they and the tree were black. It looked like Halloween.

The guy who cuts my grass is going to look under the trailer to make sure the heat tapes are in place and check out my heating ducts. There was a toad or frog hopping in the duct a few weeks ago. I want to make sure there isn’t a hole in the duct. I don’t want to heat the outdoors. My niece has a cricket in hers. They have had tree frogs in theirs. Who knows how they get in?

I went to the post office and picked up some menus at the new restaurant next to the post office. They serve breakfast and lunch. They have their main restaurant in Wilmington. I dropped some things off at my niece’s house and went south as the road was backed up because of construction on the bridge. I didn’t have to go over the bridge but the road to town was blocked up from the traffic.

I took a five mile loop and found myself in horse country. I saw a sign saying I was entering the largest agricultural area on the Eastern Shore. The Winbak Farm spread across the country side. I saw someone training their horse for harness racing. He was trotting around a track. I took some photos of the farms. Many farm belonged to the Winbak Farm.

I stopped in at the Canal Museum parking lot and took some photos of the south side of Chesapeake City and the little lighthouse there. I scared up a flock of geese and saw a few cardboard coyotes placed around in a vain effort to scare the geese away.

When we got back, I walked Danny through the back field. There were a lot of birds in the brush but I didn’t have my binoculars and couldn’t identify them. I did here a jay but the other birds were smaller. At his 4pm walk, there were thousands of birds flocking up and flying over head. I was afraid I would get hit with their droppings but I lucked out. It looked like someone was pouring pepper in the sky. They appeared to be grackles.

After dinner, I watched the movie Australia. It was a good film.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol at November 2, 2009 10:23 PM

Karol, your life sounds like it is getting better everyday. I feel that things are working in your life, but, we must be patient and that is so HARD to do usually. I truly believe you've found a wonderful place to live. And, that makes me so very happy for you. Love, Ruth

Posted by: Ruth at November 3, 2009 4:02 PM