Saturday, September 28, 2013

Friday Flowerbloggin'


It's mum time. This was taken last October when Don and I went on the lighthouse tour. The Hereford Lighthouse in North Wifdwood has beautiful gardens all around it.

Cindy could not make it in so I went to the church and did the bills and deposit. When I got home, I had some lunch and then cut the grass on the east side. The park manager cut the west side that adjoins the vacant house next to me. My east side adjoins her house so I cut the three feet of her grass next to her house. I only had to do a few feet of the back yard as it's been so dry that nothing has grown. I lost two little trees due to the lack of rain. One was a dward Alberta Spruce and the other was a little holly tree that I brought from Vineland. It had seeded itself from the hollies I had there. They were a gift from a man in the Vineland Nature Club.

I woke up feeling like I had a cold so I rested the rest of the day. It's a good thing I made a big pot of chicken soup.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/28/13 8:56 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Thursday, September 26. 2013

I went to the church to see if any bills had come in and there were a couple but I decided to wait to see if Cindy could come in. I went to the church this evening as they were having a tree dedicated to Jean Ritter, a long time member of the church who did outstanding work for the church and community. They planted a beautiful dwarf blue spruce tree near the corner.

Afterward, I went to choir practice.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/28/13 8:52 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I didn't go to Bible Study this morning. Pastor Mark was away and I didn't get an email about the Scripture. I sent an email to Bob but but the time I read it, it was too late to go.

I made a big pot of chicken vegetable soup so I had some for dinner and will have it for the rest of the week.

One of the neighbor children came and planted my daffodils for me. The children all come and ask if I have any yard work they could do to earn some money and Brittany hadn't had a turn to do some work. Garrett helped her and the bulbs are now planted out back next to the woods. I was going to plant them out front but the telephone lines are underground out there and I didn't want the kids to accidentally hit them.

I went to the Eccumentical Bible class tonight with my friend, Marlene. It is a study of the non cannonized books that had been left out of the Bible. I missed last week and everyone said how much they enjoyed the class. I had read the book of Thomas and that was the one they had to study during the week so I was up to speed. I will have to either order the hardbound book or get the e-Book.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/25/13 8:06 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep. I got up at 4;30, put on the coffee, watched the news and weather, took Sparky out and got a load of clothes in the wash. It was 39 degrees out there. I walked Sparky after the sun came up.

Not much to do today. Tonight I have Choral Society practice. I will probably be sleepy.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/24/13 8:41 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Monday, September 23, 2013

I did a couple loads of wash in the morning and got it out on the line. It is shady in my yard until about 2pm but there was a nice breeze to dry the clothes.

I went to the church to look over the finances, corrected a mistake and went to the bank to get the deposit receipts. Jack, the Praise Band leader called while I was there and changed the rehearsal date to Tuesday. I said Tuesday wasn't good for me but to email me the songs and I'll get them on Youtube to practice. Tuesday I go to Choral practice. I'm going to be practicing for three different groups this fall. I hope some of the Praise and Worship Team come back.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/24/13 8:35 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sparky was on his best behavoior at my nephew's. He loved the large fenced in back yard. He ran all around the grass. Took a look at he pool, looked as though he wanted to get a drink but thought better of it and steared clear. He liked chasing the children and fetching his toy.

I did put him in his cage during dinner as he is quite the beggar and there was no food for him to eat. It was all Italian with tomato sauce, onions, and garlic. He ate Sassy's dog bone treat. Michelle gave him a doggy pig in a blanet treat. She told him to sit and he did. He sits when he knows he'll get a treat but not at any other time.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/24/13 8:29 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday, September 22, 2013

I went to church early for choir practice. I had switched lay reader days with Mikki as I thought I'd be away but my trip didn't pan out. Mikki was not feeling well so I did the lay reader job. She is our choir leader and she went home after we sang.

I arranged with Cindy to do the offering after 9am service so I could practice with the Contempory Band. Jack didn't come until 10;30 so I was able to help Cindy. She had been a helper but never did the whole thing and she needed some help so it worked out the Jack was late.

There were only 4 of us but I think we did OK. Several people said how wonderful we were but no one commented on my voice. I guess I just made a "Joyful Noise." I didn't get home until nearly 12:30. Sparky must have been wondering where I was. I didn't even change my clothes before taking him out.

When we got back, I had some lunch and then got my Waldorf Salad ready to take to my nephew's for my brother, Rick's birthday. I'm going to take Sparky and hope he behaves himself. This is the first time I am taking him there. I'll have to tell everyone to keep the bathroom doors closed so Sparky does get the toilet paper. He likes to take bites out of it or shred it or grab the end and run with it. He thinks its fun. I wll take his cage just in case.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/22/13 2:35 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)

Saturday, Setember 21, 2013

I went to go to Redner's and took my friend, Marlene. There were yard sales going on along rte.213. We stopped and the tables must have been lined up for a mile. I had just broken a round glass base to a vase and someone had round glass mirrors that were the same size so I figured it would work and it did. It cost me a dollar. I also got some cd's of music from the 50's and 60's. Some were instrumentals that I like for background music when reading.

We finally did get to Redner's to buy our groceries.

In the afternoon, I went to the libraray to get a movie for my Sat. night movie night.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/22/13 2:30 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Flowerbloggin'


It's mum time again. This mum I bought in 2011. I hope it will be blooming in my containers. Some have surivived last winter and some did not. I bought asters this year but haven't taken any photos of the yet. I will be going out this morning to get some mums.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/20/13 7:02 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)

Thursday, September 19, 2013

I went to Praise and Worship Practice this evening. It's a good thing I went because Jaymie would be the only singer on Sunday. I found the songs on You Tube so I can listen and practice them. I am the only soprano so I feel like I'm out there all alone. There is also the guitar player and the bass player. I think the guitar player is soprano but Jack the bass player is bass. It is difficult because the musice sheets only have the lyrics and I'm unable to read the notes. It is also sheet music for guitar and has the cords written above it and little notes that I started singing and then got lost.

I also went to choir practice afterward. My voice was tired out from the Praise and Worship practice.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/20/13 6:54 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thursday, September 19, 2013

I was up and got Sparky out early. Dawn was just breaking an a big mist covered the area. I took the car to the garage to have the oil changed and brakes checked as my brake light comes on when I first start the car then goes out after it warms up. The mechanic check it out and the brake fluid was OK and the parking brake was not sticking so they think it is the sensor switch which is located in the master cylinder. It is not a separate part so the whole cylinder has to be replaced. I have ABS so that also makes it more expensive. At least I wasn't charge for the diagnostic.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/19/13 10:07 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Wednesday Sept. 18, 2013

It was a busy day again today. I did two loads of wash and hung them out on the line. It's the time of year that the sun is lower in the sky and doesn't get up over the trees until about 1:00 in the afternoon. My west side stays shaded most of the day. When the leaves come down, the sun will get through. The clothes do get dry as the afternoon sun is hot.

I got an email that totally ticked me off. I was not angry with the sender but with the person he was referring too. I had gone over the financial stuff with her and explained everything and she went to him and wanted me to do things her way. It had me so upset my blood pressure went sky high. I could feel it and it was made worse because I had a doctor appointment for a checkup in the afternoon. I sent an email back to him explaining the situation and he replied that he understood and knew how demanding the person could be.

I spilled the liquid laundry detergent all over the wall and floor and then knocked my face wash off the shelf in the shower. The plastic bottle broke and it is not cheap. Sparky was acting up because he knew I was getting ready to go out. Somehow he senses these things.

I went to the church early to see if any bills had come in. My Bible Study class was at 10:30 and the discussion was about the shenanigans that was going on with the Contemporary Band. Everyone was in shock and did not know what had happened. I knew but it was confidential and couldn't say anything. That is hard to keep stuff bottled up inside and since the situation was upsetting, that added to my elevated blood pressure.

I came home, walked Sparky, had some lunch and was inspecting Sparky for fleas as he was scratching. I didn't see any on him but I saw one crawling on my arm. I tried to get it to the toilet to flush it down but it got away. I got out the vacuum and hoped I got it up but it was very very small. Needless to say, I was not having a good day.

When I got to the doctors, my blood pressure was higher than it had ever been. I told her I was under a lot of stress since the treasure of the church got sick and I had to take over and get all the reports ready for the district. I talked with her awhile and then laughed about things and felt better. A little humor goes a long way. She took my BP again and it had come down. I was given a flu shot and it's a good thing I chose my left arm and it was really sore afterward.

I took my prescription to Walgreen's and was told it be a half hour so I went to the car wash two doors down. They have a basic wash and dry on Wednesday for $3.00. My car was filthy from the dusty dirt road I went down on Sunday. It is a car wash that you stay in the car and it gets sprayed with soap, squirted along the sides, front, top, and I guess all around then the shammy strips come down and slap the soap all around scrubbing the car. Then comes the rinse and the blow dry. It takes only a few minutes. I should go more often. It doesn't include vacuuming or cleaning the inside windows but it's good to get the dirt off. I can vacuum and do the windows at home.

I went back to pick up my prescription and found flip flops on sale for $1.00. I got 4 pair in different colors as mine all had the middle thing that you stick your toes through come off. Not good when your out walking and a half mile from home. I was able to stick it back in but knew it wouldn't last long.

When I got home, I rested the rest of the day.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/19/13 9:40 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tonight was the first practice for The Cecil County Choral Society. It's funny to be singing Christmas music in Sept. but we need that much time to learn the music and get ready for our concert in Dec.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/19/13 9:37 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

It's catch up time again. Saturday, I cut the grass. It was cooler so I didn't have the heat to contend with. I took Sparky for a walk down town. It was crowded as they were having a restaurant and beer festival in Pell Gardens. The price for sampling the food and beer was $65.00 per person. Needless to say, I did not participate.

Sunday was stressful. There is tension in my church and most of the Contemporary Band quit. It is all very upsetting. In the afternoon, I took Sparky to the Revolutionary War Re-enactment at Mount Harmon. I had to drive a couple miles down a dirt road and dust was flying up from the car wheels. What a mess. We got there when it was almost over. I got Sparky out of the car and Kaboom! The cannon went off twice. Sparky didn't know what to make of it. He wanted to run but was on the leash. He ran in a circle. The cannon didn't go off anymore so he was OK. He saw the people walking ahead of us so followed them. He likes people. He didn't pay any attention to the horses and I was glad of that. Danny would have barked at them. We walked around the grounds and a lot of the people admired Sparky. They said how cute he is. I thought I could take some photos with my phone but the glare from the sun was too bright and I could see the screen to find the photo settings.

Yesterday, I went to do my errands at the bank. I drove up to the window and the teller said, "I was just trying to call you." I went inside and said, "What did I do now." I knew one of the deposits had a problem. There was more money in the envelope than was on the deposit slip.

I went to the post office to mail a package and some letters. I noticed the local delivery sign was gone from the mail slots. I guess that means if I mail a card to someone in my town that it will go to Baltimore and then back to Chesapeake City to be delivered. I don't know who comes up with this stuff.

The library was next to drop off my DVD's and then on to the church to figure out where the extra money came from and record the deposits in the computer. I always spend more time there than I anticipate.

I took Sparky out when I got home and ate some of my chicken soup I made on Sunday.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/17/13 6:50 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday Flowerbloggin'


Flowers across the back of my house on the south side. There are impatiens that reseeded themselves from last year, wax begonias, a New Guinea impatien, hosta lily, and my potted house plants.

News from the Vorlon Wife

Posted by tedkarol on 09/13/13 10:09 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Thursday September 12, 2013

It was a busy day today. I went to the church to get the financial report ready for the Memorial Committee meeting. I did not have their expenses at least I could not find them in the computer. I finally looked under the vendor for the flowers. They were listed three times and the flowers were charged to three different accounts none of which was the correct one.

When I came home. I went to put a new coupling on the garden hose and found I had bought the wrong part after I carefully chose the one I thought was correct. I was able to use the part on another hose but now I need all new washers and the connections all leak. I guess with the hoses sitting out in the hot summer sun that the washers disintegrated. I have two hoses each on two reels. One goes to the back and east side of the house and the other goes to the west side. I have a little twelve foot piece of a hose that I connect and it helps me to reach out to the front. That is the one I needed the part for but I think it may only need a washer. I can't find the extra washers I had and the ones I did find were hard and dried out so didn't work.

I went to the skin doctor for a check up and had him look at a mosquito bite that has been itching my since June. It is just now beginning to heal. The Doc said it was an allergic reaction to the bite. I stopped at Kmart on the way home and then the Acme.

I took Sparky out when I got home, had some dinner and then back to the church to meet with Cindy and enter the bills and deposits in the computer. When we finished, it was time for choir practice.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/13/13 9:52 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Thursday, September 11, 2013

It will be hard to catch up. I have been busy with the church finances since Ursula has not been well. She will be starting chemo soon. I had a nice visit with her on Sunday. I got a call from Pastor Mark that someone counting the money for the 2nd service put the money in the safe not knowing the keys to the safe had been stolen. I thought we would have to brake it open with a sledge hammer but he said Ursula had one. I took a drive to Ursula's to get the key. What a beautiful home she has on the Elk River. There are large picture windows in the livingroom and dinning room. Her husband is suffering from Alzheimer's and he likes to sit at the dinning room table and watch the boats heading up and down the river. They are going to and from the Canal and the Chesapeake Bay. I got the key, went to the church and found the alarm was not set. I looked around and found all the fans in the church, kitchen and social hall were left on. I turned off the ones in the social hall and kitchen but did not have the key to the sanctuary. I called several people but could not get ahold of anyone. I thought the fans maybe affecting a motion detector and therefore the alarm would not arm. I took the money to the bank and went home. Around 5pm, Dave's wife called and said he was on his way to work and will stop in the church to see what's wrong with the alarm. Then Tucker called and said there is no motion detector in the sanctuary and a door must have been left open. I called Dave's wife back so she could call him and let him know. She called a while later to let me know Dave found the front door to the sanctuary had been left open. The alarm is new for us and we are still learning how to use it.

Monday, I was busy at the church preparing reports for the Finance Meeting that evening.

Tuesday, I was back at the church trying to find more information that the Finance Committee wanted. I have to tediously search the computer to find the info. It's getting to be a real hassle.

My Choral Society had a fund raiser at a local Italian Restaurant. I went there for dinner. I should have got the veggie pizza but I got the eggplant parm. I didn't like it. It came with speghetti and that was OK but I'm used to real Italian and this is what I call fake Italian. The Philadelphia area has a large Italian population and they have good Italian Restaurants. The Italian's are all over the country but even in Philly it's hard to find a good cheese steak or hoagie.
I went to a famous Philly cheesesteak place and was disappointed. The man had been in business since 1968 but I had been eating cheesesteaks since the 50's and his didn't measure up. Olive Garden goes a good job with their food. The main thing in steaks and hoagies (subs) is the roll. You can't beat an Amaroso's or Buono Bros. roll. Atlantic City Baking Company also makes a good roll.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/11/13 7:21 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (2)

Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday Flowerbloggin'


News from the Vorlon Wife

Posted by tedkarol on 09/06/13 8:13 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Yesterday, I went to Bible Study and I don't remember what else I did.

This morning, I was up and out by 7am to go to Redner's to get rolls for the funeral luncheon. One of the ladies at the church lost her husband in a car accident. He was 41 and left her and 3 boys. Two and teens and one is 5 or 6 years old. When I got back, I ate, got my shower and then picked up Sparky and put him in the shower for his bath. He hates it and he hates getting dry even worse. Now he is all fluffy and white.

Up to the church I went to help get the food ready. I was asked to get 3 dozen rolls and they had more rolls than they could use. There were more ladies ready to help than there was work to do. I went in the office and got things ready for Cindy's training. Back home I went to take Sparky out and have some lunch. Back to the church I went to help serve the food. Again there were more ladies than work. I stayed until about 4 and then went home to take out Sparky. Back I went to help dry the dishes. Home again for dinner and feed Sparky. I took him out again as I had to go to meet Cindy for her training session. We tried to do the reconcillation of the bank statement but there were problems and I'll have to go back tomorrow. We didn't even get to the other work we had to do. I stayed for Choir practice. I feel like a yoyo going back and forth all day..

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/06/13 8:01 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (2)

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I went to the church this morning. There always is more work than planned. I have to look up and research things. After lunch, I went to Walmart. I had a list of things I wanted to get. They didn't have the fall and winter fertilizer for the grass. I got a CD player. It's a Sony. It, too is made in China. They all seem to be. I thought Sony was Japanese. I guess they have their stuff made in China, too. My nephew bought a computer. It is made in China. He's had to take it back once and then order a kit for the second one to get it running properly. I got some other odds and ends at Walmart but the refrigerator filters were more expensive than Lowe's so I had to go there, too. I went to WaWa to fill up the gas tank before heading home.

I plugged in the CD Player and tuned in a radio station. It was playing a nice hymn, "It is Well in My Soul". Radio stations are hard to get here. I'm too far from Philly and Balt. Wilmington doesn't come in very well. I don't know where this station is from. Maybe Elkton. Most of the music is country in this area.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/03/13 8:10 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Monday, September 2, 2013

I started the morning by scraping up the fungus that was growing around the silver maple tree. They were huge piles of tan fungus. They looked kind of neat but they disintegrated into piles that looked like cow manure and smelled like dead crabs. I first took out the living ones and put in a trash bag. I figured I get them before they disintegrated. I cut them out with my little hoe. I next scraped the messy ones up. They had killed the grass underneath. The trash collection is tomorrow so I put the bag near the road until I brought out the trash can. It was hot and humid and I sweated profusely. It was still early morning. The grass needed cutting but I figured I'd wait either until tomorrow or this evening.

My family had no plans to get together for a bar-b-que so I spent the day alone. I miss the days when the whole extended family would go to Aunt Fannie's farm for a picnic,fun, games and visiting with all the family. All the ladies bringing their favorite covered dish.

I chopped up some veges for a stir fry for dinner. I cut the grass after 6pm. It was still warm but at least the sun was not blazing down on me.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/03/13 8:53 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Sunday, September 1, 2013



I believe this is the Methodist Church in Chincoteague, VA.

I have run out of photos of churches so I'll have to drive around and find some more.

I went to church this morning and took my neighbor, Marlene. She brought a couple Beggin' Strips for Sparky. I had given her some People Crackers for her dog, Leila. Sparky could smell it when she handed them to me. He was jumping up and down so I gave him one and went out the door.

Tucker had to leave early so I recruited Tom to help me with the offering. I had him count the cash and double check the checks I had totaled in the calculator. I had to do the report on my own which is OK but I don't like doing it alone.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/01/13 12:04 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Saturday, August 31, 2013

I went to help with the Kanal Kitchen. We prepare lunch once a month for the homeless and needy people. We had about 6 different kinds of soup and 4 different kinds of sandwiches plus hard boiled eggs, desserts and beverages. I made the chicken salad sandwiches and helped Danielle, a teenager, serve them.

I had done a load of wash and hung it on the line eariler. It was very hot and humid today. Even though the clothes hung out all day, they still felt damp from the humidity. I put them in the dryer for 10 minutes.

I didn't do much else. It was too hot to cut the grass and it was still wet from all the rain.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/01/13 11:58 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)