April 17, 2017

I had a busy weekend. On Saturday, I went to my brother, Don's. We went to the cemetery in Broomall to place flowers on my husband and parent's graves. I had lunch with
Don, finished watching a movie and headed home. I had to search around for some Easter Flowers for my guests. I had to get the white plastic chairs out of the shed and wash them off. I washed the green plastic lawn furniture and go out the white table for the deck along with the cushion for the glider. It was going to be warm on Easter so I though some people might want to eat outside. I looked at the instructions for the ham and the stuffed shells and wrote down a schedule for the time to cook them.

Sunday, I was up early and into the shower to get ready for the Sunrise Service. It is always so lovely to watch to sun come up over the Canal. The Wesleyan Church hosted this year and served a wonderful breakfast of waffles, pancakes, eggs, scrapple, bacon, fruit, juice, coffee and cakes. I was stuffed. They also gave away beautiful purple petunias. Home I went to change into my dress for the nine o'clock service. It was a lovely service and I was so glad to see my friend, Joan who was recovering from pneumonia. After the service, I ran down to the General Dollar to get ice but they had none so I went to the Valero gas station. They had 16 pound bags but I had no choice. I took the large bag in to pay for it and the man said they had smaller bags so he took the big bag back and found a small one for me. It was going to be hot and I forgot to turn my ice maker on after I changed the filter in the frig.

It was getting hotter and hotter as the day went on. It was 89 degrees on the East side. The sun hadn't gotten around to the west yet so it was only 81 degrees. I dreaded having to turn on the oven in that heat but the house remained cool until 3pm when the temp on the west side reached 89. Just as I stepped out the door to walk the dog, the air conditioner kicked on. When I got back, I lowered the thermostat to compensate for the oven. It remained comfortable for the rest of the day. That was partly due to the sky clouding up making it cooler.

I had ten people for dinner including: Brothers Don and Rick, sister-in-law, Sylvia, nieces Cheryl with husband, Ed, and son Ethan, Tina with husband, Sean, nephews, Bob and Rick.
The dinner turned out well and everyone brought something to add to the ham, shells, and asparagus. We all stuffed ourselves and had a nice time. After everyone went home, I called my mother-in-law to wish her a Happy Easter and to see how she was doing.

It was a long day and I was beat.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol at April 17, 2017 7:28 AM