Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday, September 30, 2007

After church, I took Danny for his walk and then got ready to go to the picnic at Erica's. It was a beautiful day and a lovely gathering. I felt a little sad though because they were Ted's friends and it seemed as if he should be there talking to them. I put Danny in his kennel and he had a good time barking at the horses and the people walking by. When I walked by to see the horses, he cried for me as he thought I was coming to take him home. I put him on his leash and walked him around for a bit. I had to take him away from the riding arena because some children were being taken for rides on the pony and horses and I didn't want Danny to scare the horse and pony. I brought him back to the eating area where some guests were seated. I kept him on my lap, as he is scared of strangers and growls if they get too close. I was dressed for summer and it started getting a little chilly at 4:30 so we came home. I walked Danny around the block and gave him his dinner. I talked to Ted's parents and did some reading. I am feeling tired and I must get up early to go to my new job.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/30/07 9:31 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday, September 29, 2007

I got up early, had some coffee with my prescription and then took Danny out for his walk. I got ready and went to the Toastmaster’s meeting. I was asked to be a judge. I don’t know why they ask me. Rich and I judge along the same lines and we don’t seem to be in sync with the rest of the judges. One of the winners didn’t answer the question.

The speeches were good. Three were very good and it was difficult to choose which of the three was best. I had a tie for them. Two of them placed but in a different order.

I stopped at the Shop Rite on the way home. I had a list of items I needed. It was a different Shop Rite than I usually go to and I couldn’t find some of the items. One had only large containers and can you believe they didn’t have a regular Dawn dish detergent? They had some kind of foaming Dawn that was twice as expensive as the others and they had Dawn with Bleach. I got some other brand. I hope it is OK.

I looked for and found the hardware for the doors. It turns out, I had not cleaned it up and now have to get some paint remover and clean the old paint off the hinges and handles. They are brass under all the paint and clean up nicely. When I get them ready, I’ll have to get some help to carry the doors in and install them. I brought my photos back into the house and will put them back on the walls. I want this to be my home. I hated taking them down and putting everything away so that it’s not convenient for me. It is my home after all. It is not going to be on display for someone else at least not for a while.

I should have cut the grass but I was too tired. I didn’t sleep well the other night and got up early. Last night, I was watching Star Gate and fell asleep. I was awakened by Danny woofing at me to come to bed. I was 11:45. I had another early morning today and I’m beat. I’m going to get ready for bed, swab Danny’s ears, climb into bed and read my book. I probably won’t be able to keep my eyes open but at that point, I’ll just turn out the light.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/29/07 8:56 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday Flowerblogging

roseof sharon.jpg

This is a double Rose of Sharon. As you can see, it is popular with the bumble bee. They were growing at the house in Avalon. I had never seen a double and thought it was very pretty.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/28/07 5:55 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)

Friday, September 28, 2007

II am now gainfully employed. I met with Bret this morning and I will be starting on Monday. I've known Bret for about 20 years and I feel very confident about the position. The work is very similar to what I did for Eastern Business. It is a different software package but I've had to learn different accounting packages. My healthcare benefits will start Nov. 1. That is a big load off my mind and my wallet. The company is Raritan Engineering and they make marine toilets, hot water heaters, and icemakers for boats and yachts. I will be going to nature club soon and up early tomorrow morning for a Toastmaster Contest. I have walked Danny and he will need to go out when I get home.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/28/07 5:42 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (3)

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday, September 27, 2007

I thought I’d try to find a job in this area and stay for a while. I sent out my resume to the Human Resource Association in Southern NJ and this morning, I applied to the local hospital for an accounting position. Just as I sent it off the application, the phone rang and it was one of my HR friends. He has a position open that is much like what I did with Ted. I am meeting with him tomorrow morning to see if we can work it out.

I feel very confident about it. I feel at last that I have some direction. I have felt so lost for so long. I don’t think I was ready to sell my house. I don’t think the time is right yet. I can spend weekends with my family if I want to.

I feel I can get back to doing the things I did before such as going to Toastmasters, HR meeting and Nature Club. I have a picnic on Sunday at Erica’s with the BNI group and Danny is invited.

I have to get ready for Choir practice. Then I will walk Danny and start reading the new book I got at the library. I finished “The Last Kingdom” today. I will be starting part two tonight.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/27/07 6:27 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (4)

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Shore Blogging


Bill's catch of crabs. There are 8 in the basket. You can see a couple at the top corners. These are the ones he kept. They have to be a certain size. Many little ones were thrown back in.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/26/07 10:16 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I went to the dentist this morning. Ted and I had been going to Dr. Dudley for 25 years. They were all devastated when they heard about Ted. I recalled one of the first times Ted went there. He came home and told me he had picked up one of the little bottles off the tray while he was waiting for Dr. Dudley. It was the stuff they put on your gum before they give you the Novocain shot. The bottle said “great new taste”. Ted said to Dr. Dudley, “My God, what did it taste like before?”

Ted was always curious. I would never touch the stuff on the dentist tray. He had a great sense of humor.

Erica called me before I left for the dentist. She needed someone to be a substitute for her at the Business Networking group. I agreed to fill in for her. It was at a restaurant in Millville. I got a free lunch. I had to give Erica’s presentation of an ad for her business. She emailed it to me while I was at the dentist. It is the group that Ted belonged to before he got sick. There are not too many in the group who were there when Ted was. Erica is one and Dr. Cooper is another. He is my Chiropractor. He took over Ted’s duties.

I found the book I was reading at the house in Avalon in the Vineland Library and I am nearly finished. I picked up another book in which I had read book 1. When I got it home, I saw it was book 3 so I took it back. It seems they do not have book 2. I’ll either have to buy it or borrow it from Sonia. It is by Terri Blackstock. She writes Christian Fiction. I rather enjoy her books.

It was really hot today. I think it was 90 degrees. I started watering the grass. It was really dry and burned. The watering didn’t get done when I was away. Danny has been sticking to me like glue since I picked him up at the kennel. He is in bed now. I’m amazed he is not pestering me to come to bed. He must be sleeping.

It’s time to join him.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/26/07 9:51 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)

Tuesday, September 25, 2007


Posted by tedkarol on 09/25/07 10:25 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Shore Blogging

The Beach Path at 44th Street in Avalon. Its a long road.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/25/07 10:25 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)


Posted by tedkarol on 09/25/07 10:25 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)


Posted by tedkarol on 09/25/07 10:24 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)


Posted by tedkarol on 09/25/07 10:23 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)


Posted by tedkarol on 09/25/07 10:23 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)


Posted by tedkarol on 09/25/07 10:22 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)


Posted by tedkarol on 09/25/07 10:21 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)


Posted by tedkarol on 09/25/07 10:18 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)


Posted by tedkarol on 09/25/07 10:17 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I'm at the Avalon Library this morning. I had too much trouble getting a signal on the laptop. Don had to use the library to get a secure connection for his work. We chose a beautiful time to come down. The weather has been great with temps in the 80's.

Yesteday, we took an early morning walk to the other side of the canal and then back to the next canal. It is unbeleivable to see all the million dollar houses. One right after another. We sale a small one for sale at 2.9 million. It looked like a shack compare to the others on the block.

We later went to the library so Don could do his work and then we walk around the little town. Most things are closed now except for the weekend. I wanted to get a custard but no luck. They're Closed. We found the real estate office that handles the house we are renting. It is for sale and we saw the photo in the window. 2.8 million. It's a big house but small compared to the "Sand Castles" in the town.

We had dinner at the Windrift. I got the crab cakes and Don got the swordfish. It was good but I brought a crab home to eat later. The nearly full moon was out over the ocean but I didn't have my camera with me. A couple came by and asked us to take their picture. I remember someone offering to take a photo of Ted and I last summer on the jetty in Ocean City. The couple had a small baby and Don took their picture with the moon and ocean in the background. It was a nice photo.

I doubt if I will finish the book I am reading which belongs to the house owners. Fortunately, it is available at the Vineland library so I can get it when I get back. I wil be leaving this afternoon as I had a dentist appointment tomorrow morning. I am also anxious to get back to my little dog. He must be wondering what happened to me. I may come back on Friday if Don is coming.

I am almost out of time here at the library computer so I'll blog more later.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

PS: I have no spell checker here so Excuse the typos.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/25/07 9:39 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Monday, September 24, 2007

Sunday, September 23, 2007

It was a beautiful day today. Don and I went for a walk on the beach then came back and I made some French toast and bacon for breakfast. Bill went fishing earlier and John who works nightshift got to bed late so slept late. I got ready and went to the Avalon Presbyterian church at 11:00 unfortunately, they were still on their summer schedule and the service started at 10:00.

The Phillies game started at noon and the football games started about 1:00. I finished the book I brought form home and found a good book on the shelf. “The Last Kingdom” by Bernard Cornwell. I saw they had made a move of it advertised on TV.

After lunch, I went to the beach and did some reading there. The deck on the bay is nice but there are little gnats that bite the heck out of me. The wind off the ocean is too strong and the gnats can’t get to the beach. The beach path is interesting. It is very long. People complain about Wildwood’s beach being such a long way to the ocean. The beach path at 44th Street, winds through the wooded dunes it seems for a mile, though I’m sure it’s not that far. There is a bench; however, halfway along the path, in case you get tired of walking, you can rest. I have some photos of the path that I will post when I get home. There were several dogs on the beach. One liked the water but the waves scared him and he ran for the shore. A little poodle liked the waves but his owner ran for the shore. The poodle looked happy. He reminded me of my Danny Boy.

It started getting cool around 4:30 so I headed for the house. John’s sister, Jean, had made some roast beef for sandwiches and it hit the spot. Don had bought some potato salad and coleslaw from the Acme and the first time I tried Acme’s salads, I was amazed at how good they were. I usually do not care for store bought potato salad and coleslaw.

Bill had about 8 large crabs in his basket earlier today. He may have more now. He also caught some fish he filet and has in the frig. He and Jean have gone fishing this evening.

I took a break from reading my book and hope I can get a signal so I can post this.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 09/24/07 1:20 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Saturday, Sept. 22, 2007

I wasn’t able to access the internet last night. I couldn’t get a signal. Here is my entry from last night.

I’m in Avalon tonight. My brother’s friend, John, rents a house in June and September. Don invited me but wasn’t sure if I could stay overnight. It turns out not many showed up. It was supposed to be a football weekend for the guys. The house is located on a canal like most houses in Avalon. There are two decks out back; one off the living room and the other is a rooftop deck over the living room. Danny went to Erica’s. I miss my little guy. He looked so broken hearted when I left him. He scratched at the gate.

John’s brother-in law, Bill, brought his boat. Don and I helped him tied it up at the dock. There are 3 other boats moored out there. I think the owner rents the slip because a family came walking up the walkway and out on the dock and onto their boat.

It rained most of the afternoon. It was really strange. It was not raining on the main land. When I drove over the bridge onto the island, the streets were all wet and looked flooded with steam rising from them. It doesn’t take much to flood the streets in South Jersey, it is very flat and there is nowhere for the water to run.

I hope it is nice and sunny tomorrow.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 09/23/07 9:29 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday, September 21, 2007

I felt better today although, I have my moments. I got my supplies ready to varnish the doors. They are in the garage. The garage for some reason was full of mosquitoes. I’ll have to spray before I can work out there. I got at least six bites in just a few minutes.

I went to the hardware store to get some paint thinner. I will need it to clean the brushes. I guess I’ll do one side tomorrow and the other side will have to be done another day. It will be hard to turn the doors around with wet sticky varnish.

I went through the job listings on Yahoo and Monster. It takes a while to go through them all. Philly listings include the entire metropolitan area. Some are too far away. I don’t want to commute on I95 or the Blue Route.(I495) It is locally called the Blue Route because when they were planning the cross county expressway, there were four proposed routes. One was marked in red, one in green, one in yellow, and one in blue. They went with the Blue Route and the name stuck.

I will be going to the shore tomorrow. I don’t know how long I will stay. My brother’s friend is renting a house in Avalon. He rents one in June and September. Sunday and Monday will be all guys watching football. John’s sister may be there so I’ll take my stuff and see how things are. Danny will go to Erica’s. I’ll have to see if Alex will feed my fish if I’m away more than a couple days.

I’m looking forward to getting away even if it’s just for a day.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/21/07 10:23 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Friday Flowerblogging


Ted took this photo of a our dogwood and neibhbors trees last year. It is not quite time for autum leaves but it's getting close.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/21/07 9:27 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I was on the internet today, sending out my resume. It seems like a hopeless journey. I guess I'm feeling down today. The days drag on and I miss Ted more and more each day. The computers are having trouble with their backup systems and I don't know how to fix it. I think the company computer is OK but this one doesn't have enough space to back up.

I had a to do list for today but only packed up some things to take to the garage and the mission. I will be going to choir practice soon. I hope tomorrow is better.


Posted by tedkarol on 09/20/07 6:06 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Genealogy Blogging

Copy of Aunt Grace Ruth and  Edna (2).jpg

My grandmother's sister, Grace with my mother Ruth, and her cousin Edna

Posted by tedkarol on 09/19/07 10:40 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I don't have much to report today. The power company was supposed to shut off the electric this morning while they did some work on the lines. I turned off the computers. I had some work to do but didn't want to be in the middle of something when the power went out. Needless to say, the power never went out. They will probably turn it off tomorrow when I'm in the middle of something. I ran out to do an errand and then went to the chiropractor. My sacroiliac was out of whack. I wasn't in pain it was just a little sore and needed to be clicked back into place. I took Danny for a little walk and then went to Toastmasters. It is difficult going to Toastmasters without Ted. We drove down the same road twice a month for about 18 years. It's hard not to see him there, participating in the group. He was one of their key leaders. I was asked to speak on the person in my life I admired the most. It was Ted but I couldn't speak about him, I would have cried. That's what I told them and I'm sure they understood. They all knew and admired Ted.

I walked Danny when I got home and he ran up to bed. I laid down on the sofa and watched some TV. After a while, he came running down, leaped onto the sofa and sat on my chest, trying to lick my face. He wanted me to come to bed and pestered me until I went upstairs. He is on the bed now waiting for me to go in there and turn out the light. If I try to read, he will try to sit on my face. I think he's trying to tell me lights out.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/19/07 10:26 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I sent out some more resumes today. I also got the doors stained and the backyard watered. Now I have to start over again in the front yard. I started digging up some bulbs but it's hard to find them. I got a few crocuses, a few tulips and a few daffodils. I got a few day lilies also. I have to dig around some more to find them. Perhaps I need to look at my photos to figure out where they are.

Danny wanted to play but all his toys were upstairs. I told him to go upstairs and get his toy and he ran up but played with his toys on the bed. I hope he is in for the night.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/18/07 9:09 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)

Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday, September 17, 2007

I am feeling pretty tired tonight. I gat home from my brother's around 1:00 had some lunch and walked Danny. I cut the grass this afternoon. I also set up the sprinklers and started watering the back yard. It is very dry in spite of the rain we had on Friday.

I checked to see if I still had the golden oak stain for the bedroom doors and I do. I shook the can slightly to make sure it hadn't dried out. All seemed OK so I'll be doing that project tomorrow. I went to the supermarket and did the grocery shopping. That was about it for today. Danny was whining to go to bed. I don't know if he spelt well last night. He stayed up watching television with my sister-in-law and he stayed on the sofa when she went to bed. I woke up in the night and carried him to bed. I don't think he liked the sofa bed. He's a spoiled little dog. He likes my king size bed with the 3 inch foam topper.

My brother, Don, still isn't feeling up to par. At least we know he wasn't having a heart attack. They are going to do a few more tests but I think it may be a pinched nerve. I hope he feels better soon.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/17/07 9:32 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sunday, September 16, 2007

I'm at ny brother Don's. He went to the emergency room today with tingling and discomfort in his chest. My bother Rick took him and I met them there. Everytng checked out OK but we had to wait several hours for the cardiologist to check him out and release him. He needs some follow up tests but that can be done as an outpatient.

Needless to say, I didn't get anything on the house done today. I took off for my brother's as soon as I got my neighbor to feed my fish if I had to be away for a few days. I'll return home tomorrow. Danny likes sitting on Don's lap. Every once in a while he swings his head around and licks him in the face. He likes to sneak in his dog kisses. YUK!

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/16/07 7:08 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday, September 15, 2007

I did tow dirty jobs today. I sanded the doors. I put on Ted’s mask and goggles. I also put on the leather gloves that Sonia found for me in Wal-Mart. They are ladies work gloves and have a trimmer fit than the men’s work gloves that I used to wear. I carried the sawhorses out to the garage and the sander and sandpaper and an extension cord. I started with a coarse sand paper. Sanded both doors with it and then used a medium grade followed by a fine grade of sandpaper. I then went over the doors with some fine steel wool, dusted it off with a rag and then used the tack cloth. There are still some more steps I have to do to finish the doors but the sanding was the hardest part. If I had known I could do the sanding, I could have gotten it done years ago. Sanders scared me. I guess it’s the noise. When I was 4 years old, we moved to a new house. My father rented a sander for the hardwood floors. I didn’t know what that was. It looked sort of like a vacuum cleaner but made a very loud noise. I was afraid of it.

Another dirty job was sweeping the cellar stairs and vacuuming the basement. I just did a small portion but had to bring the vacuum cleaner up to empty it. I have two other jobs that will have to be done. The grass needs cutting and the fish tank needs cleaning but that can wait for another day.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/15/07 9:08 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (2)

Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday Flowerblogging


I put impatiens in the flower boxes this year. There is just too much shade for them. The have a few flowers but they are leggy and sparce. Still, they do add some color.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/14/07 10:34 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Friday, September 14, 2007

I didn't do the sanding today. I couldn't find the sander. I put it where I knew where I'd find it and you know how that is. I watered the grass; it was getting dry. I packed up some books and set some aside to donate to the thrift store. I did accomplish something that was not on my list but came up unexpectedly. I was having a problem with an email error on Ted's computer. It had an error message and said to disable the spambayes and restart Outlook. I had no clue but searched help and I finally figured it out. I got the email going. Problems like that sap a lot of energy. I sat down to read my book and Danny must have radar. He came running down and jumped up on my lap so I didn't have a place to put my book.

I need to get it finished as it is due back in the library on Monday.

I need to get the trash put out and take Danny out before turning in.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 09/14/07 10:12 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday, September 13, 2007

I trimmed the hedge today and packed some linens away that I don't use. I also packed up some things from the shelf in the kitchen. I started to veg out on the sofa with my book and a glass of iced tea but Danny jumped up with me and laid right where I needed to place my book. It seems he knows when I'm going to read or go on the computer. It's a wonder he isn't in here pestering me. He has been walked, played with his toy and his ears have been swabbed.

I went to choir practice tonight. It was the first time since the summer. They had practice last week but I forgot.

I need to work on getting the doors to the other bedroom sanded. I'll feel a lot better when that job is done.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/13/07 9:46 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I went to bed last night with my sinuses bothering me. It hurt to touch them. I awoke feeling yuk. It took Danny out to do his business, came back in and went back to bed. I got back up around 9:00 and walked Danny. I got ready and went to the BNI meeting as I had agreed to be a substitute for one of the members. It was held at a lovely restaurant overlooking the Maurice River. I got a turkey wrap and brought half of it home. I walked Danny when I got home and lazed around the rest of the day. I called Don to cancel the horse show on Sunday because I wasn't feeling up to going. My sister-in-law had called and maybe having open house for my brother, Rick's birthday.

I have so much work to do here it's getting me depressed. I did unpack my sweaters and put them back in the closet. I put some boxes in the car and took them to the garage. I didn't do much else except run the dishwasher and water the plants. I should have done the hedge while it was cool. It's going up to 80 tomorrow. Maybe I can do it in the morning if I'm feeling better. I don't know if it's allergies or whether I'm coming down with something.

My friend Dottie, called tonight. It was good to hear from her. She had been away most of the summer. I hope I can get together with her soon.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/12/07 10:26 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (3)

Tuesday, September 11, 2007


Posted by tedkarol on 09/11/07 7:50 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)


Posted by tedkarol on 09/11/07 7:49 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Tuesday, September11, 2007


Vineland sunset.

While walking Danny, I saw some beautiful clouds and when I got home, a beautiful sunset.

My friend Phyllis came for coffee this morning on her way to a meeting at a nearby restaurant. It was good to see her and have some company. Not working makes the day long and lonely. I got some stuff packed away and worked on sending out some resumes. I also did some checkbook reconciliations for tow organizations I belong to and for the business.

Danny is in bed but will probably get up for a last walk before turning in.

It is funny how many people know Danny Boy and speak to him as we walk along.

News from the Vorlon Wife

Posted by tedkarol on 09/11/07 7:43 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday, September 10, 2007

Today, I did some laundry and packed up some summer clothes that I won’t be wearing until next summer. I watered the rest of the back yard and will have to start all over in the front. The lawn looks like it needs some of Ted’s lawn tonic. It seemed like I was busy all day but it doesn’t look like I got much done. Danny had his regular walks. It was hot and humid. I hope the front comes through and cools things off. I want to dig up some of my bulbs and lilies.

I will be having a friend drop by for coffee tomorrow morning. She has a meeting at a nearby restaurant. Wednesday, I will be filling in for one of Ted’s network friends at a luncheon in Millville. I believe Bible Study starts Wednesday night and choir on Thursday. It looks like my calendar is filling up.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 09/10/07 8:28 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday, September 9,2007

Danny wanted to play but he wanted me to go upstairs and get his toy. He took them all up there. Sometimes he will go up and get it. Mostly he wants me to go up and get it. He likes me to throw it and then he chews on it and plays tug of war.

I went to lunch with friends from church. We go every Sunday. It usually takes awhile to decide where to go. I didn’t get home until 3:00. I took Danny for a walk around the block. It was hot out and there was a funny still quietness in the air like the calm before the storm. I didn’t get much done today. I finished the conduit before I went to church. It was good to get that job crossed off my list. That was about it for the day.

I’ll look at my list and see what I can cross off tomorrow.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 09/09/07 8:55 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Saturday, September 8, 2007

It was a long day today. I watered the plants, inside and out. I watered the grass but need to finish the back yard. It is really dry. We haven't had rain for awhile. I did some laundry and I did some job searching online. I didn't talk to anyone today except to say good morning to my neighbors. I worked on the electric wire conduit in the computer room closet. It went well. I have it installed except for the box that had to be painted. It is drying. I drilled the holes to attach it to the baseboard. I'll do that tomorrow and that job will be finished. There are several little jobs that need to be done. I have to sand the doors to the bedroom that I call the lighthouse room. It has a lighthouse decor. After sanding, I have to varnish them, screw the hardware on and hang them. I need to carry some boxes out to the garage and the storage bin.

At three o'clock, I felt rather down because that is when Ted and I finished our chores and got ready to go to Ocean City. I read my library book and dove into the story. After walking Danny at 4pm, I put on Turner Classic Movies and have been watching them. Danny's 8pm walk had him zipping right along. I think he was on the scent of another dog. I saw him walking back from his walk so I crossed the street. When Danny caught site of him, he got all excited, wagging his tail and barking. He wanted to meet the other dog but his owner kept on walking. Danny settles down quickly.

He is off to bed now. He got a little confused today. I looked for him on the bed and he wasn't there. I looked down stairs and could not find him. I kept calling him but he didn't come. I looked in the lighthouse room and there he was sitting on the daybed looking at me, wagging his tail. It is a high jump for him; I'm glad he made it and didn't get hurt. I put him on my bed. He got the hang of sleeping on the day bed and now he doesn't have to sleep there as our overnight guests have left.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 09/08/07 9:19 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Friday, September 7, 2007

Friday, September 7.2007

I met Cheryl and Owen at the Atlantic County Historical Museum where they were doing family research. I found a book on the Rambo Family but I had more information on my line than was in the book. There were lots of books on various colonial families. It would take a long time to go through them. We had an early dinner at Gregory’s and then headed for a cemetery in Egg Harbor City to look for Cheryl’s ancestors. I found them in a rectangular plot. It was an interesting cemetery. Some of the rectangular plots were covered in broken green glass. I thought someone had placed it there but it seems kids come and break their beer bottles and have been doing that for years. The broken glass has piled up and looks rather pretty.

When we got home, Cheryl and I took Danny Boy for a walk. We then headed out to the custard stand for some ice cream. I got my favorite Strawberry Artic Swirl. I took Danny with us and asked for an extra cup for him. He enjoyed his share. We saw Pastor Bennett at the custard stand along with Joan and Barbara from the choir. I had forgotten about choir practice starting last night. I wouldn’t have gotten home in time and I had my company.

We had some fruit and bagels for a late breakfast before Cheryl and Owen got on there way. I was good to have them. It was a release from the endless loneliness.

I didn’t do anything after they left except for walking Danny. One of my neighbors moved today so I went over to wish her well. I hope we have good neighbors moving in.
I sent out another resume. It was for an accounting job in Philadelphia. I haven’t heard from any of the companies I sent my resume to. I guess when the right job comes along, everything will fall into place.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 09/07/07 9:05 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Friday Flowerblogging


Posted by tedkarol on 09/07/07 1:05 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)


Ed's houseboat on trailer. He now keeps it at a slip in the Marina until fall.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/07/07 12:54 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)


A boat cruising on the Bohemia River. The river is very beautiful and scenic.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/07/07 12:52 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)


Bohemian Manor. This historical manor overlooks the Bohemia River. We anchored at the cove below the manor.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/07/07 12:50 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Shore Blogging


Houseboats on theBohemian River

Posted by tedkarol on 09/06/07 10:00 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Thursday, September 6, 2007

I didn’t get a chance to blog last night. I went to Toastmaster’s and by the time I got home and walked Danny, it was late. I answered a couple emails and he had already gone to bed but he came in here woofing at me to come to bed. He kept pestering me so I turned in.

I was rather down yesterday. I got an email the first thing in the morning and found that my cousin had passed away Aug. 2nd and nobody knew about it. I had to wait until 8:00 to call my other cousins. My aunt goes to church at 8:00 each morning so I had to wait and I got her machine when I called later. I called my cousin Joy and she did not know. I just talked with Joy on Sat. and we were talking about Ginny. We were going to call her. Joy knew Ginny since she was a child. Ginny was my mother’s cousin by marriage. She was part of our “Small” family.

I didn’t get my grass cut or anything else. I may have sent off some resumes. I got a call from Ted’s client and she needed my help. I went there for about a half hour. I got a call from my friend Cheryl. She and her husband are going to Somers Point today. They were going to pick me up to go with them but last night I got an email from my niece that her dogs have pink eye. Since Danny spent Sunday at Cheryl’s house, I won’t be able to take him to the kennel until I know he doesn’t have the pink eye. I don’t want Erica’s dogs to get it. It is highly contagious.

I can meet Cheryl and Owen for dinner later. Maybe I can cut the grass this morning.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/06/07 6:43 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (2)

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Today I was kind of bummed out. The holiday weekend was difficult. Ted and I would go to the shore. I thought of going there with my brother but we decided to go to our niece’s and go on the houseboat. It was an enjoyable day but I had to come home to an empty house. I spent Monday all alone. Not having a job leaves more time alone.

I went to my former office and the building manager let me make some copies of tax stuff and so forth. I was only there a short time. I decided to go to Home Depot and see what kind of electric conduits they have. I need to cover some wiring that goes through the closet and I don’t want to have to turn off the electric in the computer room. I found something that I might be able to slip the wire into. It has adhesive to stick it to the baseboard. I have some excess wiring so I have to think of how to handle that.

This afternoon, I went to Ted’s client to help with the month end closing. It went well. Kathy is just afraid to do it on her own. She wants me to come next month, too. Her husband asked me to come for year-end. There hasn’t been much change in her sister’s condition. I continue to hold her in my prayers.

I stopped at the farmer’s market and bought some more corn and some beets. I had them for dinner and gave Danny a little corn. He really likes it. He smells it cooking and comes running.

He has been walked several times today and I hope he is in for the night. I swabbed his ears and now he is awake. I’m surprised he isn’t pestering me. He doesn’t like me doing anything that takes the attention away from him.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/04/07 9:33 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Monday, September 3, 2007

The Farm


This was my great aunt and great uncle's farm. This was taken a few weeks ago. It could have been taken when I was a child. It could have been taken when my mother was a child. My great uncle was born here. I don't know how long the farm was in the family but the house is a Pennsylvania fieldstone house which were built in the 1600 and 1700's. Scroll down and look at what has happened. My aunt and uncle must be turning in their graves.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/03/07 6:36 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

farm3 (2).jpg

Pan out and you find houses in the corn field.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/03/07 6:33 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)

Monday, September 3, 2007

I went out on my niece Cheryl and her husband, Ed’s houseboat yesterday. My brother, Don, met us there. I took Danny with me; I was going to take him on the boat but he got sick in the car on the way so we left him in Cheryl’s back bedroom. We had to shut him in as Cheryl has two big dogs. Sammy is a Black Lab and Daisy is a Golden Retriever. The dogs didn’t know each other so we thought it best to separate them while we were gone. Danny had his blankey, his favorite toy and a nice bed to sleep in.

The houseboat is very nice. It has an air-conditioned cabin and a fore and aft deck with a canvas awning for shade. It also has a top deck where you can climb a ladder up to the roof of the boat. It is equipped like a RV camper. It has a kitchen with microwave and a small bathroom with shower. The toilet has a chemical holding tank.

We cruised up the Bohemia River a short distance and put the anchor down in a nice cove. The Bohemian Manor was overlooking the cove. It is a Colonial Federal House with six chimneys. It is huge with two wings on the sides. I forgot my camera so when Ed sends his photos, I will put them on the blog.

We had lunch on the boat and then went for a swim. The weather was beautiful, about 80 degrees with sunshine. The water was calm except for when we were cruising in the channel and the speedboats made their wakes. We had on go by on each side so we got the wakes on both sides. It was like riding a bucking bronco. Yahoo!!

There were several boat parties in the river. (That’s what Ted and I called them. They are called rafting up. It is similar to a tailgate party. The boats park next to each other and can visit one another. One group had nine tied up to each other. On Canal Day, Cheryl and Ed were in a group of 43. Canal Day is a big celebration in Chesapeake City. The canal goes from the Delaware Bay to the Chesapeake Bay.

When we returned to Cheryl and Ed’s, my nephew, Rick, had called and invited us to his house for a spaghetti dinner. He lives about 20 minutes from Cheryl. Ed led the caravan over the back roads to Rick’s house. A fox darted out in front of me and I thought he was a goner. I didn’t feel any thump so I figured he made it. Don was behind me and said the fox made it by the fur of his tail. Next, a fire truck came barreling down on us. It was a narrow road with no shoulder to pull over. We made it to a shoulder just as the truck approached us.

Rick and Michelle had a nice dinner for us. They are having a Four-Season Room built onto the back of their house. It had just the sub floor finished. It should take about two weeks to complete. It will be nice as it is a southern exposure and the deck was too hot to sit out on.

I got home too late to blog. Danny and I went straight to bed.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by tedkarol on 09/03/07 7:36 AM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Saturday, September 1, 2007

It felt good to sleep in this morning. I got a few things done that were not on my list but should have been. I cleaned the air filter machine. It was overdue. it was full of plaster dust from the removations. It's a pain to clean. It has to be taken all apart and several different parts need to be cleaned. I trimmed an over grown plant and put it back on the stairway landing. I gave Danny Boy a bath. He tolerates it but he doesn't look happy. He looks like a drown rat with his fur all wet. He likes being dried and he likes the hair drier. He likes rubbing his face in the towel. He thinks its a toy and tries to play with it. I did some wash and ironed some clothes. I also sent out some resumes.

Danny was walked several times. I mixed a new vinegar solution for his ears. It is 3 parts water and one part vinegar. I soak cotton swabs in it and swab his ears. His ears have been clean for a long time but if I miss a time, he starts scratching his ears. He doesn't seem to mind me swabbing his ears. I do one ear and he turns his head so I can do the other. I just wish he'd let me trim the fun on his feet, especially his back feet.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 09/01/07 9:00 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)