Saturday, March 31, 2007

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Danny and I were up and out at 6:30. We came back and were back to bed. It's Saturday and there's no school today. Couldn't sleep so got up at 7:30. Danny wanted to go back out again. He had some more business to do.

When we got back, I managed to eat my breakfast but he wanted out again before I could drink my coffee. I guess he was disappointed that I cut his walk short after he did his business. He must have thought no fair. He wanted his entire walk. I was going to go to K-mart to get more mulch and crab preventer but didn't feel like going. I hope there will be another sale. I took some photos of my forsythia. The one is just starting to come on. It looks so pretty. I didn't know I had two until the other bloomed last year. It is very small. It took at least 5 years to bloom. The bigger one has been cut back to make it bushy. Ted would have like it this year.

I ran the sweeper and put some things in the basement. I put some more mulch on the front flower beds then came in for lunch. I had a meatball sandwich and made some iced tea. Back to work on the weeding. I took the hoe to the grass that had invaded the flowerbed, pulled the grass and weeds and put down more mulch. I have used 3 or the 9 bags and I and 2/3 done. I and 3/4 done with the weeding across the front. It makes the daffodils land hyacinths look much nicer. Danny was hooked up to the redbud tree and watched me weed and barked at the people going by.

I had some turkey and cranberry sauce for dinner with mixed veggies. I will have some ice cream while I watch one of my movies later.

Danny had his dog food and gobbled it down. This dog food scare is scary. His brand was not on the first list but now I'm not sure if any of it is any good. Danny turns his nose up at most of the food. Maybe he knows something that I don't. He eats it when he realizes he's not getting anything else. I looked on the internet and this is not the first time dog food has been contaminated. Most of it is made with horrible stuff. All the junk that is left over and not fit for human consumption. The wasted parts of the animal are processed for dog food. It's disgusting. Even the dry dog food. The grains used are not good quality and the bone meal is from the disgusting stuff that isn't fit for human consumption.

Danny went out for his early evening walk and is now sleeping in the hall outside the computer room door. He is waiting for me to get done typing.

I will now get ready for my movie and fold my laundry as I do so.

News from the Vorlon Wife

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/31/07 7:59 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)

Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday, March 30, 2007

Well, I had plans to work on the business taxes when the phone rang. It was the life Insurance company. It seems that because Ted died before we had the policy two years, my claim has to be investigated. It could take from 2 to 5 months. This put my day in a downward spiral. It seems everything that can go wrong does. I plopped myself down on the sofa with a cup of tea for the rest of the morning crying my heart out.

I pulled my self together and took Danny with me to the office to get the mail. There wasn’t any. Not even junk. When we got home, I took Danny for his lunchtime walk and when we got back, I made myself a tuna sandwich.

This afternoon, the investigator called to make an appointment. He sounded very nice so maybe it won’t be so bad. I asked what information he needed and we made the appointment for Monday. He apologized for having to do this but it is a requirement by the insurance company. I wrote down the list of things he gave me and proceeded to get the information together. Fortunately, most of it is in the computer.

After gathering the insurance information, I took Danny outside and chained him to the Redbud tree while I applied another bag of mulch. I had wanted to buy more but things may be tight for awhile. I’ll have to make do with what I have. I’ll have to put my house repairs on hold. I just hope they don’t find some loophole to deny my claim. I hate insurance. They always find a way to screw you.

I took Danny in the car with me and went to the video store. It’s going to be a long weekend. I would go away but I sing in the choir and we are already short one lady. It is Palm Sunday.

Last year on Palm Sunday, Ted went to North Jersey to work for a client and I went to Maryland to visit my friend, Dottie. It seems like yesterday and it seems like years ago.

Danny’s ears seem to be doing better. He gives me a hard time about his ear drops but he’s not scratching as much. I hope he continues to improve. He’s such a sweet little dog. He’s had his night time walk and has gone up to bed. I’ll join him shortly.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/30/07 9:04 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (4)

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Danny slept in my space last night. He snuggled up next to me. He usually sleeps in Ted space. I think the ear medicine really bothered him. He got up at 6:38 and went for our early morning walk. When we got back I used medicine #2 and it was much better. He didn’t like me messing with his ears but he didn’t react to medicine #3 the way he did with medicine #2.

Again, he waited until I was ready to sit down to eat when he stuck his nose in the door wanting to go out. We went on our second morning walk.

Yesterday, he met a doggy friend, named Cinnamon, a dachshund. Cinnamon’s Mommy’s name is Amber. I hadn’t seen them before. I’m not sure where they live. The two dogs sniffed each other and got along fine.

This morning, I worked on my personal income taxes and plugged in some figures for deductions. It is all ready for Don to look at and then I can send them off and get some money back.

I went to the Lenten Lunch and met Lola there. It was the last luncheon. I missed a few in the beginning. I went to the post office afterward as it was near the church. When I got home, Danny was waiting for his afternoon walk. When we got back, I brought his chain around and chained him to the redbud tree on the west side. I carried the mulch around to the front and started weeding and mulching.

As I was working, I thought of Ted. I would come home from work and would start weeding or working with my flowers. Ted would come home and get dinner ready as I worked then come out and let me know it would be ready in five minutes. We were a team and now I’m only half a team.

Danny liked being outside. He sat watching me and would bark at kids going by on bicycles.

I had cod fish for dinner and then went to choir practice. We practiced both Palm Sunday and Easter Songs as we won’t have practice on Holy Thursday.

When I got home I took Danny Boy out for his night time walk. He barked at the dogs in the neighborhood. When we got back, my friend Cheryl had left a message on the phone so I gave her a call.

I gave Danny his ear drops and although he didn’t like it, he tolerates Medicine #2 a lot better. I’ve had my chamomile tea so I’m off to bed.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/29/07 9:31 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (2)

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Poor Danny, I think the ear medicine upsets hem. He was sleeping peacefully next to me on the sofa. He didn't even stir when I got up to take my cup to the kitchen and turn out the lights. I carried him up to bed and he laid there resting. I gave him his eardrops and he hated it. He shakes his head and scratches his ears. He is panting. I wonder if he is allergic to his eardrops. I wish I knew what was going on with his ears. I guess I'll have to call the vet tomorrow. Maybe I’ll have to go back to the other medication.

Danny was up at 6:30 and we went for our walk. He waited until I was ready to sit down and have my cereal and decided he had to go out again. I put him out on the chain for a while. He loves being outside.

I went and did some errands today. I took some stuff to the mission, I went to make some deposits at the bank for the Nature Club, and I went to K-Mart to get some bags of mulch they had on sale. I crossed over to the Mall and was going to get some gas at BJ's but it was $2.439. They usually are a few cents cheaper than even WaWa but I hadn't seen WaWa's price so I decided to wait. It will probably go up. I took my old cell phone to Verizon in the mall. They donate them to a charity. They were happy to get them.

I reconciled the Toastmasters bank statement, had dinner, and went to Bible Study.

Danny is settling down on my lap so I'll get him back to bed.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/28/07 10:32 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Well, I’m feeling much better today. Danny and I went out at 6:30 for our morning walk. He wanted to go back out at 8:00. He doesn’t like his ears being done but at least he isn’t crying when I do it. He is still scratching his ears though. Right now it’s the left ear. The Right on has the ulceration. I went to the office building to pick up the mail. There was a lady who pulled into the parking lot with her car pouring out steam. She thought it was smoke but I could smell the antifreeze and steam. I asked if she needed help and she asked if I had a cell phone so she could call her daughter. I said “yes” but realized I had left the phone home on its charger. I took her into the building manager's office to use the phone. Ann had some mail for me but it was junk mail.

I stopped by the bank and made a deposit. Danny was with me. I then went to Swanson’s Hardware Store to talk to Bob. I figured a lot of contractors and so forth went into his store. Bob gave me the names of two trustworthy men who did drywall and odd jobs. I need to have tow drywall repairs done to get the house presentable. They are ceiling jobs so it’s a little more difficult.

Bob had some dog food samples he gave me. It’s organic dog food. I gave one of the packets to Danny. He took one bite and walked away. He wants nothing to do with it. I’m glad I didn’t have to pay for it.

This afternoon, I worked on the Toastmaster membership and paid the dues for April. I also had to look up some information for one of the members. I worked on the Nature Club membership information. I hadn’t been to either group for a long time. I had a lot of catching up to do.

After dinner, I took Danny for his walk and went to the Bereavement Group. We were to take photos this evening and I had not yet put Ted’s away that I had at his Service. They also wanted me to bring photos of Danny Boy. The only ones I have are digital and in the computer. I printed tow out but they didn’t print well. The one was dark and the other had the green grass a little too bright. My brother had trouble printing a photo. I think it needs black toner. I forgot to get it.

When I got home, I took Danny out for his walk. It was quite warm tonight and people are out sitting on their porches. It must have been 70 degrees today. I don’t have the air conditioners in the windows yet. I need to buy one for the sun porch. Ted and I decided to throw the old one out the end of the season last year. It had a poor design in that it had slats on the top and the rain water went in and had no way to get out. Ted drilled holes in the bottom but it stunk like mildew so we put it on the curb with a note saying it works but stinks. Someone took it. That’s how we get rid of a lot of things. Sometimes I put a note: “Free to good home”. Sometimes the stuff is gone in 10 minutes. We never see the people who take it. But we felt if they can use it then good.

I better get to putting the drops and cleaning Danny’s ears. Poor little guy.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/27/07 9:42 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (3)

Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday, March 26, 2007

Just a short blog tonight. I took Danny Boy back to the vet toady. His ear problem seemed worse and it was. He has ulcerations deeper in his right ear. The vet gave me another medication and if that doesn’t work then he will need to stay in the hospital and be sedated to get a culture deeper in his ear.

I did not feel so good myself. I thought I was just feeling depresses but there is a lot of stomach virus going around and I may have a touch of it.

Both Danny and I are off to bed so I’ll fill you in tomorrow.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/26/07 7:40 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (2)

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Danny was up at 6:00 am this morning. We went for our usual morning walk. Instead of having coffee upon our return, I opted to go back to bed until 8:00am. Again, Danny was ready for his walk. This time, I cooked eggs for the two of us and had my coffee. I looked through the paper and got ready for church. After church, at refreshment time, I took two pieces of cake home for lunch.

I didn’t go out with the people from church as I was expecting my brother Don to come and help me with my personal income taxes. I took Danny for his noontime walk. When Don came, we went to the WaWa to get some soup. He wanted a light lunch as he planned on us going out to dinner. I threw the steak back in the freezer as it was still frozen.

We worked a couple hours and finished the federal. We took a break and took Danny for another walk. We then worked on the state taxes. I have to go back and fix some things so we quit for the day.

We went to the Maplewood for dinner. I had shrimp stuffed with crabmeat and Don had crab imperial. It was excellent. I didn’t finish all of mine so I brought home dinner for tomorrow.

Don left shortly after we got back so I took Danny out again. He and a big white husky dog that lives down the street do not get along. Frosty is still a pup but is huge. They were both chomping at the bit to get a bite of each other.

When we returned, I called the Vorlon Parents. Ted and I always called them on Sunday evening and I have continued to do so. After talking with them, I returned a call to my friend Cheryl and she was out walking. I talked to her husband for a bit then I went to work sorting through the 2006 transactions. It took the rest of the night. I took Danny out for his last walk of the evening and now I will be joining him for a good night’s sleep.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/25/07 10:26 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (2)

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Saturday, March 24, 2007

It was 6:38 when Danny and I went out for our walk. I fed him when we got back and had a large bowl of mixed fruit, toasted Irish Soda bread, and coffee. I went through my email messages and worked on some projects around the house.

I had used duct tape to tape down the edges of the rugs when Ted was using the walker. When I pulled the tape up, the adhesive stuck to the floor. I tried several things to get it off such as nail polish remover, alcohol, and silver polish (it has a light abrasive.) The thing that worked is tar and wax stain remover that I used on the laundry. I didn’t want to use Goo Gone as it stinks and I was afraid it would ruin the finish on the floor. I did the upstairs rugs I haven’t pulled the tape off the downstairs rugs yet.

I did some laundry and cleaned the fish tank. I brought the fish home for Ted. He liked the fish but I brought them home too late. He hardly knew they were there.

I don’t believe I had mentioned that I had the Coo Coo Clock repaired. It had not been keeping time well for years. I called the place where I took it before but the grandfather who did the repairs had passed away and no one worked on mechanical clocks. They gave me the name of a man who lives near me and I took it to him. It was expensive but he did an excellent job. The parts were badly worn and he had to rebuild something. It took a while and I kept looking up at the blank wall to see what time it was. It is good to have the clock back.

After dinner, I went to the Video store and rented a movie. I took Danny with me. I usually take him on short trips. He likes to ride in the car. I had walked him before dinner but halfway through the movie, he wanted to go out. I didn’t want to stop the movie, as I don’t know how to start where I left off. It starts back at the beginning. I put it on pause and that worked out fine. I put in Danny’s eardrops and found he is having more problems. When I cleaned his ears with a Q-tip, he whimpered and had some blood on the Q-tip. He’s been shaking his head and scratching his left ear. That’s the worst one. I’m supposed to rotate medicines each week and he seems to have done better on the other medication. I will put him back on the other tomorrow and call the Vet on Monday. I hope I don’t have to take him to the emergency hospital. One is in Philly and the other near Atlantic City.

Reb sent me a program so I can put photos in the blog. Perhaps I’ll set that up tomorrow.

Don will be coming to help me with my personal income taxes. I went online and updated the software from last year. I haven’t finished the upgrade; I’ll do that when Don’s here.

I got a call from a Toastmaster Friend who is Pastor at a nearby church. He was away on vacation and did not know Ted had passed away. He was very sorry he was not here for the service. He thought highly of Ted.

Say a little prayer for Danny Boy’s ears.

New from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/24/07 9:48 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (3)

Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday, March 23, 2007

Danny and I didn’t get up until 7:00 this morning. We went for our walk and I had my coffee and gave him his ear drops. I went right to work on getting my papers ready for the company taxes. I called Ann at the office building where we used to have our business and asked her if I could use the copy machine. She was glad to help me. I had a lot of copies to make and was there at lunch time so she and another lady and I ordered a pizza. I had some left over so I brought a couple slices home for dinner, After lunch, I finished my copies and went to the Acme to buy some fruit to take to Nature Club for refreshments. It’s hard going to the supermarket as I see food that Ted liked to eat. I become very sad.
When I arrived home, Danny was waiting for his afternoon walk. It started raining as we walked and I came home with a wet dog. I dried him off and played with him and his toys.

I wrote some more thank you notes, a sympathy card, and a birthday card. I was too tired to look at the paperwork I had just copied so I do it later.

It cleared off so I took Danny out at 4:00. Once again, we were half way through our walk when it started to rain. I dried him off again and brushed him.

I heated up the pizza and gave Danny his dog food. He turned his nose up at it. I had to get ready for Nature Club so I put his food in the frig. I got the fruit ready and the bag I keep the Nature Stuff in and soon my Nature Club friend came to pick me up. The program was about amphibians and reptiles. It was a good night for them as I could hear the spring peepers in wooded areas near ponds. It’s time for the frogs and salamanders to come out.

The Nature Club people were saddened by Ted’s passing. Many of them attended the service. Ted had once been president of the group.

I came home and took Danny out for his last walk of the evening. I also took out the trash as tomorrow is trash collection.

Tomorrow, I will work on the house. I want get ready to paint. When the weather warms up, I will paint with the house opened up to air out.

I’ll do some reading and turn in.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/23/07 10:57 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (2)

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Danny and I got up at 6:45 this morning. It was dark and cloudy. When we went out to walk, it was misty. The sun came out and it cleared up. It was probably 70 degrees.

I looked up some things on the computer while I had my coffee. I answered some emails and wrote out some checks for bills. Danny and I went out for our 2nd walk around the block. He must have known I was going out for lunch because he didn’t want to come in. He looks heart broken when I leave without him. I went to the Lenten Lunch with my friend from church, Lola.

After the luncheon, I went to Sears and got a new coffee pot on sale. I then went to the Salvation Army to give them a check but it wasn’t made out to them so they didn’t know how to handle it. I’ll have to try to deposit it at my bank and then make out a check.
The Salvation Army is next to a florist so I stopped in and had a dish garden sent to my friend, Arlene, whose father just passed away.

When I go home, Danny was waiting to go out so we went out again. He just loves being outside. I sometimes hook him onto the 30 foot leash. He likes to bark at people going by.

I wrote out some more thank you cards and looked up some addresses. I took Danny out again before going to choir practice. He took his time; he must have known I was going out again. At choir, we practice our hymn for Sunday as well as Palm Sunday and Easter.

I looked up some more addresses when I got home. I brushed and combed Danny and trimmed him up some more. My brother Don had called while I was out so I called him back. He will be coming on Sunday to help me with my income taxes. I have to upgrade my Turbo Tax tomorrow so it will be ready.

I took Danny out for his nightly walk. He is now lying on the rug waiting for me to get done and go up to bed. He just gave me a look wondering what’s taking me so long.

News from the Vorlon Wife

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/22/07 9:24 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The day always starts with Danny waking up and ready for his walk. We went out around 6:30 this morning. After his walk, I had some coffee and gave Danny his ear drops. I give him his pieces of steak as a treat. He hates having his ears done.

I had a dentist appointment at 8:30. The Dentist and his staff were deeply saddened by Ted’s loss. They had sent their sympathy card earlier but expressed their condolences today. They had known Ted for 25 years. We had been going there since we came to Vineland.

When I came home, I had some more coffee and took in the mail. I took Danny for another walk. I then got ready for my Red Hat Luncheon. It was at an Irish Pub. They did an Irish theme for March even though St Patti’s day was last week. It was a very nice luncheon. Sharon had taken over my duties while Ted was ill. She did a fabulous job and I am grateful to her.

Although, it is good being out with people, it is hard to come home to an empty house. Danny is here and cute as he is, he can’t hold a conversation. I was feeling kind of down. I returned some phone calls and left messages. Toastmasters were meeting tonight but I did not feel like going. I got a call from my cleaning lady and she cannot come tomorrow. Her father had passed away. I felt sad as I felt her pain. I guess I am extra sensitive to it. I debated whether to go to bible study and decided to go. They were happy to see me and they continue to hold me in there prayers.

I gave Danny a hair cut. I haven’t had him groomed for awhile and his fur was 4 inches long. I still have to even him up a little. He doesn’t sit still very long and he wouldn’t let me get his right leg. I want to give him a bath so I wanted to get rid of the excess fur. He had been getting too hot and was panting a lot. I hope he doesn’t get too cold, especially during his night time walk. Maybe he’ll snuggle up to me. He usually sleeps on Ted’s side of the bed and doesn’t come over to me until morning.

News from the Vorlon Wife

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/21/07 9:02 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (2)

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Danny Boy was up at 6:30 this morning and out we went for our early morning walk. Upon return, I had some coffee and finished enter some things in the company computer. I then started running reports to take to the accountant. I have more to do.

I had to take Dasher 1 to the Honda dealer for its 6 month check up and oil change. They fixed the radio and the code I have is correct. I don’t know why it didn’t work. Now I have to find out the code for Blue Velvet as we only had one card with the code on it.

The Honda dealer serves bagels and coffee so I had my breakfast there while I waited for the car to get done. I also got the Blue Book Price on Dasher 1 and the trade in value. This will be helpful if and when I sell it. My sister-in-laws nephew may be interested.

I continued with my computer work when I got home. I took what I thought was chicken out of the freezer and put it in the microwave for lunch. It turned out to be a pork chop with stuffing. It was a good surprise.

I walked Danny before and after lunch. He loves going outside for walks.

I did some laundry and finished my ironing. I also wrote some more thank you cards. I have more to do and I have to look up the addresses. Danny wants to help me type.

I had my salmon for dinner tonight and could hardly finish when Danny had his nose in the door wanting to go out. I walked him down State St. then got ready for the Hospice Grief Support Group. It is a small group of 7. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go but I’m glad I did.

Danny is pestering me for a belly rub so I better sign off.

News from the Vorlon Wife

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/20/07 10:16 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (3)

Monday, March 19, 2007

Monday, March 19, 2007

Danny was up at 6:00 and out for his walk. When we got back, I put in his eardrops. I made him some eggs as he turned his nose up at his dog food. I haven't found a brand he likes yet. He wanted to go outside some more so I put him out on the 30-foot lead. He likes being outside. I addressed some statements for the company and put them out for the mail carrier. I couldn't find the envelopes with windows. Several people packed up the office stuff and who knows where things are. I worked on the accounting and took Danny for his walk. I

I got ready and drove Blue Velvet aka Dasher II to Mays Landing to meet Pat for lunch. I had broiled salmon and Pat had Egg Plant Parm. We had an enjoyable lunch. I stopped at an antique and junque shop in Richland looking for a coffee pot. No such luck. I'll have to go back to the one in Rosenhayn.

I got home and took Danny Boy out again. I thought I was missing Ted's expense reports and couldn't find anything on his palm. Pat suggested I check his blog. I went back and read through November and December. It was as if Ted was there talking to me reliving the last good months he had. It also made me sad. I miss him so much. Sometimes I feel like I can't stand what's happened to him. I lost my husband and my job at the same time. I feel numb. Danny wanted to go out again so I took him down State St., came back, and did his ears. He doesn't like it but I give him some of the frozen steak I chopped up for him. It's the only treat he really likes.

I had a big lunch so I fed Danny and cut a grapefruit in half for me. I watched Star Trek and Stargate and then Enterprise. I am a sci fi fan.
Monday is a good sci fi night.

I just brought Danny back from his nightly walk. He went right to bed.

Ted had mentioned toys Danny likes. He now plays with “Bonnie” a stuffed dog that one of our clients gave to Ted. Sometimes, I get all dressed in my hat and coat and Danny decides he wants to play with his toys. He tries to bring them outside but drops it when I open the door. I toss it into the house. He goes right to it when we get back. He looks so cute playing with his toys. His rump sticks up in the air with his front paws lying down. Tail up over his back. He makes me laugh sometimes.

Well, off to bed. Tomorrow, Dasher I has an appointment for its 6 month service and to get the radio turned back on.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/19/07 9:16 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (3)

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Danny Boy awoke at 7:00am and we went for our morning walk. He wanted to go out again at 9:00. Upon return, I got ready for church and somehow the time slipped by and I was late. The choir had already gone up to their seats. I gave a friend my pocketbook and went up to join the choir. After church they had a church business meeting and then I join a group of friends and went to Larry’s for lunch. We were there for over 2 hours the service was terrible and the orders were all messed up. We were very disappointed. When I got home, Danny was eagerly waiting for his afternoon walk. It was after 4:00 when we got back. I put some laundry in to be washed and started the dishwasher. I had lunch so late; I wasn’t very hungry for dinner. I had a fruit salad and will have some tea later. Danny had his evening walk and will want to go out again later before turning in for the night.

It gets pretty lonely here with out Ted. I miss him so much. I took some photos of my spring flowers but when I put them on the computer, they did not come out. They look over exposed. They were nearly all white. I did take some photos of Ted Amaryllis. They came out good. I even figured out how to rotate two that I had taken vertical shots of. Now I have to figure out how to get them onto the blog.

Its time to give Danny his ear drops and clean his ears. He doesn’t like it and I don’t have Ted to help me hold him still. We both took care of Danny when we first got him and he had an ear infection. Poor little guy. He kept scratching his ears. He isn’t doing it as often so I hope the medicine is working.

News from the Vorlon Wife

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/18/07 7:30 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (3)

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Saturday, March 17, 2007 St. Patrick's Day

Danny Boy woke me up at 6:00 and we went for his morning walk down State Street. It was very cold, the ground was frozen hard. When we got home, we went back to bed because it’s Saturday and there’s no school today!

We got up at 8:00 and I went to the Acme for some apples to make my Waldorf Salad to take to my grand nephew, Joey’s, birthday party. I was greeted in the Market by Sonia, Donald and Jonathan. Sonia worked for us and Donald spoke at Ted’s Service. All the speakers told us of a different aspect of Ted. He was so much to so many people.

When I got home, I took Danny out again for his second walk to do his business. We went down State Street again. After the walk, I had some breakfast and made the Waldorf Salad. I brought Blue Velvet around and loaded it up. I had to pack Danny’s things and his food along with the salad. This was his first trip to someone else’s house. I was a little concerned as there would be a lot of people there with children and Sassy the dog. I put Danny’s mussel on because he has bitten a few people and I didn’t want to take a chance especially with children.

Danny was well behaved. He did not bark and he greeted everyone wagging his tale. I did warn people that he might bite so those who did not know him stayed away. After a while, I took off his muzzle but kept him on my lap or on the leash. Danny and Sassy sniffed each other and got along fairly well. They later got into a little scrap. I think Sassy was declaring her territory. She nipped at Danny. I think she surprised him as he didn’t nip her back.

Rick’s yard is fenced in so I let Danny to run in the yard. There was quite a bit of snow so he didn’t roam too far. He went over by the fence and did his business then came back in. I took him downstairs to the rec room and he jumped up in Joanne’s lap. (Rick’s mother-in-law) She was watching a new Thomas Video with Joey.

The birthday boy blew out all his candles in one breath and decalred a good job. He had a nascar cake. He took the car off the cake and his grandfather washed it off. He then ran the car through the icing on his piece of cake and said, "PopPop, I have bad news."

Danny drank some water but did not eat his food. He had a tiny bit of cheese and a crumb of cake. He also had a little piece of Beggin Strips.

We left about 6:30 and Danny started crying on the way home. I pulled over into a Veterinarian’s parking lot and let him out to go. When we arrived home, he was anxious to get into the house so I took him in before unloading the car. He made a bee line for the door. He was happy to be home. He ran right to the spot where his blankey and toy bone are kept but they were still in the car. He played with “Bonnie” a stuffed dog that a client gave Ted in the hospital. Danny ate some of his food and by the time I put the car in the garage and brought in the stuff, Danny had gone to bed. It was a long day for him. He was a good boy and Ted would have been proud of him. He was concerned about Danny’s social skills. I think he is getting used to people as so many were coming in and out during Ted’s illness and after his passing.

I don’t know if Danny will be going out again tonight or if he will be sleeping until morning. I hope he doesn’t wake me up at 4:00 am.

News from the Vorlon wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/17/07 8:59 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (3)

Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday, March 16, 2007

We slept in until 7:00am. I had awakened at 3:00am and it took awhile to get back to sleep. Danny woke me up. He sleeps on the other side of the bed and when he wakes up, he comes over to me. He was ready to go out so out we went into the rain. I put on his little yellow rain coat but he doesn’t like it. He did not do his business and I brought him back in anyway. I had to dry him off and he wanted to play. I went to the super market to get a few things including Danny’s dog food. I stopped at the WaWa for my coffee and fed Danny when I got home.

After breakfast, I went to work reconciling bank statements. I hadn’t done it since November and it was a mess. Some things were in the computer and not it the check book and visa versa. I also found a deposit that part belonged in Dec. 2006 and the rest belonged in Jan. 2007. It took a while to figure out what to do.

I had a pleasant interruption when one of Ted’s clients called. He wanted to see how I was doing. He was always concerned about Ted even before Ted became ill. He worried about the little car Ted used to have before getting Dasher 1. He spoke at Ted’s service and it was wonderful to hear how highly Ted was thought of by his clients.
Ted loved his work and his clients and they felt the same about him.

I went back to my computer deposit problem and the light came on. Void the entire deposit and enter it back in again with the proper dates. Yes, it worked. I was able to reconcile the account and on to Jan and Feb. I have to enter some expense reports and then I’ll be ready to run reports and get 2006 closed. It was now way past lunch time. Time flies when you’re having fun.

I took Danny out again but he still did not do his business. I made sure he used the fire hydrant, brought him back in and dried him off.

I brought in the mail and found a letter from the life insurance company. I thought it would have a check inside but it was another claim form. It also had some other forms that I did not know I had to fill out. I called and faxed them the information. They would have delayed my claim when they found the forms missing. I can’t believe this company. It could take another 10 days for them to process things.

I went to the bank to make a deposit for the company. The rain had turned to frozen rain, sleet, snow and back to rain. There was no accumulation and the roads were not icy.

I called my cousin to see how she was and whether she had any news about some of our other cousins. Alice had shingles in her brain and it must be horrible. I keep her in my prayers. Florence’s husband passed away around the same time that Ted did. He also had lung cancer. They had lived in North Carolina but she is looking to move to PA to be near her family.

I did some more work for the company, reconciling the manual check book. I am missing some entries and have to dig through the files. I’ll do that tomorrow.

I took Danny Boy for his late afternoon walk. It was still miserable out but he needed to do his business. He walked all the way down the block before he went. When we turned around, the wind was in out face. I had to dry him off and we played with his toy bone. I fed him and he played some more with his bone. He wanted my Italian sausage but it would be too spicy for him. He would get sick. When he realized he wasn’t going to get any, he went up to bed.

It looks like the meerkats will be on TV tonight. I don’t see anything else worthwhile.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/16/07 6:52 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (2)

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Danny Boy went our for his walk at 6:30 and then it was off to the WaWa in Blue Velvet, aka Dasher II, for coffee. After breakfast, I did a little computer work and then took Danny to the Vet. He has and ear infection in both ears. It has to alternate medicines for several weeks until he get better. I took him for a walk after returning home.

I wondered what I’d have for lunch and then remember it was Thursday and the area churches have a Lenten Luncheon each week during Lent. Lola, a lady from church mentioned it to me on Sunday and said she’d save me a seat. I got there just in time.

Upon returning home, I sorted and filed some me work from the company. I went to the office to pick up the mail and found a nice check in it. There are only a few more outstanding receipts. I will enter some items tomorrow and run the reports. I should then be able to get things ready for the accountant and get the 2006 taxes done. I will also be ready for the 1st qtr of 2007 and that should finish up things for the business.

I talked to some friends on the phone. It is wonderful how everyone looks out for me.

I had a quick dinner and went to choir practice. We learned some new songs and ended up with singing “How Great Thou Art.” It was raining when I came out. I watch some TV and took Danny out in the rain. He did his business quickly and came back in. He does not like rain. I dried him off, he ate his dinner, and after playing with his plush toy bone, he went up to bed.

I will be joining him shortly.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/15/07 9:37 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (2)

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Just before sunrise, I took Danny Boy out for his morning walk. It was cloudy in the east so it was dark even after sunrise. When we got home, we drove in Dasher 1 to the WaWa for a large cup of coffee. It provides 2 of my cups. I had one cup and got ready to go to the Unemployment Orientation. I figured I’d be wasting my time but it gave me some ideas to look for a job in PA or DE.

When I got home, I called the Vet for an appointment for Danny Boy to get his ears examined. I have to wait until tomorrow at 10:45. He seems to be doing a little better today but I want to make sure it clears up.

I did some laundry and ironing. It hurts to iron his clothes that he won’t be wearing but I got most of it done.

I had several calls from family and friends. Everyone is looking out for me. It is heart warming that so many people care. Danny and I have been invited to West Virginia in April. I would like very much to go but it is a long drive. I have to give it some thought.
I also was invited to Las Vegas to visit the Vorlon niece when she moves back there. Her husband is in the Air Force serving in Korea. Thank you, John for your service to our country. I always thank service men and women when I see them. They need to know that we support them and are grateful for what they are doing.

I did some filing today so I can find the information I need for the accountant. Things have not been filed since July. I got the billing filed and I’m working on the accounts payable.

I went to Bible Study tonight. I didn’t want to sit here by myself and wallow in my misery. Everyone was glad to see me.

I did some more filing and got up to letter T. I made some chamomile tea and Danny Woofed to go out. He hasn’t done that before. I hope he continues because he doesn’t’ let me know when he needs to go out. I have to guess. Sometimes, he sticks his nose in the crack of the door but it is usually when I’m getting ready to take him.

At night, I walk him near the proximity of the garage so I can hit the car alarm on my key chain if I need to. It should make a racket with both cars blaring.

I was able to finish my tea and have some tapioca pudding. Danny went up to bed so I’ll join him shortly.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/14/07 9:47 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (4)

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

This morning, after taking Danny for his walk, we got in Blue Velvet and went to the WaWA for a cup of coffee. I got a 24 ounce so I could have 2 cups. It seems my coffee pot has a crack in it. I should have got one at the flea market on Sat.

When I got home, I worked on the company computer and tried to get all the data into the computer. I had to look things up to find out whether they had been entered or not. It was a long and tedious job. Some things are still messed up. I worked away and it was 2:00 in the afternoon. I hadn’t had lunch but Danny was waiting to go out. I took an apple and ate on the way.

I took him around the block and had lunch at 3:00. I had a hot dog and sauer kraut. I ate some goodies for dessert. I am slowly finishing up the goodies.

I put some soil down over the garden hose and roots that run from one flowerbed across the lawn (that people use for a walkway) to another flowerbed. I had a big barrel of soil and had intended to put some stepping-stones in there but never got it done.

I watched some Star Trek episodes on TV and took Danny out at 6:00 for his evening walk. It seemed everyone had their dogs out and Danny had a good time barking at them all.

I had dinner and read some of the Vorlon’s science news. The Vorlon could retain what he had read better than I can. One of the articles I had read before and did not remember it. It was about the Meer Kats and how they did the research on them. The show came from the research they did.

I gathered up the trash and put it out. I went to the basement, got some grass seed, and sprinkled it over the soil. I went back to the basement and turned on the outside water so I could sprinkle the seed and fill up the birdbath.

A friend called this evening to see how I am doing. She invited me to lunch next week. We will go on Monday to a place in Mays Landing. It is wonderful that so many friends are so kind and thoughtful. I thank all of you.

I put Stargate on the TV and watched as I went through some catalogs that came in the mail today. I also went through my car’s owners manual as Dasher had lost its radio operation when the battery went dead the other day. It is not a simple thing to fix. It seems we were supposed to be given a code for the radio. We never got one for either car that I know of. I’ll have to get out all our paperwork to see if we have a code. If not, I’ll need the serial number to the radio and take it to the Honda dealer. The radio probably has to be taken out to get it. I’ll have to look and see. We never had the battery go dead on either of these cars.

I have to go to Orientation at the Unemployment Office tomorrow. It is probably a big waste of time. Especially since, they are not likely to give me my unemployment. If I don’t go, I won’t get it for sure. That reminds me, I have to find my resume. I printed it out but I have no idea what I did with it. I’ll have to print another one.

Well, Danny has had his nighttime walk and he is waiting for me to go to bed.

New from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/13/07 10:01 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (2)

Monday, March 12, 2007

Monday, March 12, 2007

I started the day finding that the furnace was out. It was set on 72 degrees and the temperature in the room was 63. I saw the pilot was out so I called my neighbor Alex. We went down and looked at it and I lit the pilot but it did not fire up. I called my plumber but he was out of town for a few days. His wife gave me the name of another plumber. I walked Danny Boy near the house while I waited for the plumber. Mr. Harris came out and found that a switch needed to be held in to reset the furnace. He also said the furnace was very old and they did not make parts for it anymore. It may continue to have this problem and then not work anymore. Great. I hope it lasts until the end of spring.

I plan to get this house ready to sell and move over to PA, DE, or MD so I can be near my family. The neighborhood here is getting bad and I just want to get the house marketable and get out of here. With out Ted, there is no reason to stay here.

I got a few more things done today. I plugged in the fax machine, sent some faxes, and unplugged it again. I only have one phone line so I have to do that.

I went to the post office and sent a letter off priority and certified. I went to the bank and made some deposits. I took Danny and he barked at the teller.

I decided not to pursue the job because I just do not feel ready. I feel numb and throughout the day, burst into tears. Danny Boy came running down the stair and jumped up next to me to comfort me.

I read some of Ted’s old blog entries and he was so strong and positive. I don’t know how we got from there to here.

I ironed some clothes. Some of Ted’s khaki pants and shirts. Things that he won’t wear ever again. I drove Dasher I today. I thought of Dasher I going to North Jersey’ a trip he won’t be making again. I’ll have to sell Dasher I but not yet. I can’t bring myself to do it. I put Dasher I in my name but that’s as far as I’ll go for now.

I talked to a couple friends and my brother on the phone today. It helps.

Tomorrow, I have to do some work for the business. I hope I can get everything cleaned up.
Danny had his walk this evening and he is waiting for me to come to bed.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/12/07 9:33 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (6)

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday, March 11, 2007

I walked Danny boy at 7:00 and 9:00. I went to Church and sang in the choir. After church, I went to lunch with some of the friends from Church. Ted and I have always been invited but we always had so much to do. I went today so I wouldn’t have to be alone this afternoon.

I got home at 2:30 and took Danny out again. I was putting my car away and saw about 6 teenage boys cutting through Champion’s yard. Their property boarders my back yard. I don’t know where these boys come from. It seems the neighborhood is overwhelmed with them. It’s kind of scary because I read about gangs in Vineland. I hope these boys are not part of a gang. Now that it’s nice weather, they seem to be outside. I always say hello to them. Best to be friendly.

I was pretty filled up from lunch so I had a light dinner of fruit and a half of cream cheese sandwich on raisin bread.

I sorted out some more papers from my box. I have to fax some documents tomorrow and mail some others.

I wrote out some thank you notes and still have more to do. The kindness and support of so many people is very touching. I am still getting cards and gifts from family and friends. I am so very grateful to all who have helped me.

I will soon be taking Danny for his evening walk and it will be off to bed for me.

News from the Vorlon Wife

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/11/07 9:20 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Saturday, March 10, 2007

6:00 Danny Boy was ready for his morning walk. Dottie was already up getting the coffee. We had to use coffee singles as the coffee pot was cracked. I called Ann to see if I could use the copy machine at the office and I went and made copies of paperwork I need to send. I stopped by the post office and sent off Nuriel’s birthday package. The Vorlon Grand Niece will be three.

We got back just in time to greet Cheryl, Ed, Rick,III and Joey. I muzzled Danny, he calmed down quickly but I didn’t want to take a chance with Joey. We ordered a pizza for lunch and Dottie went home. I really enjoyed having her. She has been a great friend.

Ed helped me with some computer problems I was having with the office computers. The setting needed to be change to our home service. He also helped me with the bubble maker in the fish tank.

We carried the workout bench out to the car and took it to the storage bin. We rearrange some things at the bin and placed the workout bench in. When we got back, we finished the computer setups. Rick helped me with loading the photos from the camera into the computer. Maybe Reb can help me with placing the photos in the blog.
I am grateful to everyone who has helped me and has been supportive.

My family left around 4:30 and I took Danny out for his walk. I had Dottie’s pork chops and stuffing for dinner.

I made a list of what I need to do to spruce up the house.

I am now watching “Cat Woman” on TV. It is cool using the Laptop. I can do my blogging from the sun porch and when I go upstairs, I can go right to bed. I have to clean up some email on my office computer.

Danny will go out for his last walk at 10:00 and we’ll be getting up early for our morning walk. Daylight time starts tomorrow so I will be feeling like I have Jet lag for a couple weeks.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/10/07 8:25 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (2)

Friday, March 9, 2007

Friday, March 9, 2007

Today, the Vorlon’s Dasher 1 was put in my name. I had a problem when I went to get the mileage and the battery was dead. I went into the basement and got an extension cord so I could plug in the charger. All went smoothly at the DMV.

We then went to the office to get some envelopes from Ann and the router from the office. We saw Ed, who gave his condolences. He had been away during Ted’s funeral.

Ann didn’t have the big envelopes so we went to the storage bin and started looking through boxes. I found them and we went to Larry’s II to meet Faith for lunch.

I got the Imperial Crab, Dottie got the Veggie stir fry and Faith got the chicken cheese wrap. We all had a nice time and enjoyed our meal a friendship.

We came home to walk Danny Boy around the block. Then we went to go to the flea market but it wasn’t open. We went to the shops at Wheaton Village and then to a Flea Market in Rosenhayn. Dottie bought a beautiful white quilted bedspread with pink roses on it. I found a cup and dessert plate (it was being sold as a saucer) I didn’t question it as cups are hard to find. It matches my Staffordshire Liberty Blue Ironstone dinner ware. I’ll go back and get the little dessert bowls. I have eleven so I’ll get one to make an even dozen.

We came home, walked Danny and then got dinner. We were still stuffed from lunch so we ate all the left over vegetables.

Danny was walked at 9:00 and we are getting ready for bed.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/09/07 9:36 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Thursday, March 8, 2007

I am trying Ted’s Lap Top tonight. I hope I can do it.

Danny Boy got me up at 5:30 this morning and I have been tired all day.

I went to the DMV but forgot to get the mileage on Ted’s car. The Clerk gave me the paperwork and showed me what I had to fill out. I will get that done tomorrow. I also made some phone calls to try to clear up some loose ends. I finally got some where.

For lunch, we had our leftovers from lunch yesterday. I did pretty good today. Faith invited us to lunch tomorrow, and another friend called about a job opening in her company. I don’t know if I’m ready to go back to work or not but it would be a good job. I will have to think about it. I will call tomorrow to make an appointment to talk with them and then make my decision.

I will have to find a Doggy-Day Care for Danny Boy. The job is too far for me to get home for lunch.

Dottie made ham, cabbage and potatoes for dinner. It was delicious. We will be looking forward to seeing Faith tomorrow.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/08/07 9:12 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (4)

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

We got about 2 inches of snow today however, it melted on the roads. I took Danny out early and then went to the Acme for some food.

Dottie and I went to Larry’s II for lunch and then the Family Dollar Store. We drove to the office to pick up the mail. It was nothing but junk mail.

Danny likes dashing through the snow but his paws got cold with the snow packed up in between his toes.

I decided not to go to the Toastmasters meeting because I visualized Ted standing at the lectern and just felt it was too soon.

We made a nice dinner of pork chops, stuffing, green beans and baked potatoes. I shoveled the snow from the driveway and walk.

I sorted some invoices and billing that hadn’t been done for several months. I will file it away and hopefully get things cleaned up for the business.

It has turned cold again so Danny Boy is in for the night and we are all off to bed.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/07/07 10:03 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Today, I straightened things out at the bank for the business. From there, we went to Bridgeton, the county seat and filled out some paperwork so I could transfer the title of Ted's car to my name. We came home and had some pea soup for lunch. I made some phone calls to straighten out some other business.

I took my Coo Coo clock to the store where it was repaired 10 years ago but the grandfather who repaired them had passed away. They did give me the name of a man in Vineland who did clock repair. He lives not too far from me so I took the clock there. I keep looking at the blank wall to see what time it is.

Walking Danny today was brutal with the wind chill factor of 12 degrees. It didn't seem to bother him but he is in for the night. I'll have to get him out early as the snow is supposed to start at 7am. He likes to dash through the snow but it gets caught in his paws and gets too cold. He stops in his tracks and sticks one of his paws straight out. I have to either brush it off or carry him home.

Tonight we had Naomi's meatballs and sausage for dinner with French bread and butter and fresh Brussels sprouts.

We then went to the church's Women’s Service Circle. We had a nice time. It was a small group as the cold kept some people indoors. After the meeting, we had a wonderful cheesecake made by Beth our host.

Rich called to see how I was doing and he was going to invite me to Toastmaster's tomorrow but it looks like South Jersey is going to get the heaviest accumulation of snow in the area. Two to four inches. We'll have to see how it pans out.

News from the Vorlon Wife

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/06/07 10:39 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (1)

Monday, March 5, 2007

Monday, March 5, 2007

Each day, I go through my box of paperwork and attack each item one by one. Today, it was the bank. I closed out one account and put the money into the other account. I made a deposit and will now be ready to clear up the bills of the company.

I got all the paperwork ready that I will need for tomorrow.

It looks like my cell phone company got the numbers mixed up. I canceled service on one phone and will be using the other. They have it reversed on the paperwork. I hate having to always call and fix these problems.

I received a delightful gift today from one of the Vorlon's clients. His friend from BNI has a gift basket company and makes jams and jellies. The client ordered the gift from her. She did not know about Ted and was saddened by the news. She delivered the gift in person. She thought Ted was special and wanted me to know that.

Thank all of you who made such lovely comments yesterday.

I also got several phone calls from family and friends checking to see how I am doing. Things were better today. Having Dottie here has been a big help. Our lunch and dinner was from food that Naomi had brought. We had bratwurst and sauerkraut for lunch and bar-b-que pork for dinner.

We just took Danny out for his ten o'clock walk. It was very cold and windy. He did not do his business so I may expect a little present in the bathroom tomorrow morning. I'm not going out again tonight. Easier to clean up the bathroom.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/05/07 10:22 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Sunday, March 5, 2007

I took Danny Boy out for his early morning walk and it was flurrying. It didn’t last long but it had gotten very cold. I kind of lazed around took Danny out for his second walk then got ready for church. I sang in the choir today but I felt very sad looking out and not seeing Ted in the seat he always sat in. People would give me their condolences and I felt sad again. I didn’t have a good day today. I was glad when Dottie got here. The loneliness was unbearable. I miss Ted so much. I looked back over his blog entries to before he had gotten sick. I looked at his photos of the shore and of the flowers.

I took some photos of my crocuses blooming but I don’t know how to load them into the computer and onto the blog.

I’ll have to read the manual that came with the camera. I barely know how to turn it on and shoot a photo.

It will take some time.

I took Danny out for his last walk of the evening and he has gone to bed. I think I will join him as Dottie turned in early, too.

News from the Vorlon Wife

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/04/07 9:25 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (11)

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Saturday, March 3, 2007

This morning, we got an early start to go to the cemetery in Marple, PA. Naomi, Danny Boy and I went. I put a yellow wreath on Ted's grave, a pink cross on my mother's grave and a blue cross on my father's grave. Naomi took Danny Boy behind the dumpsters to do his business while I placed the spring arrangements. We walked over to the Sermon on the Mount and then back to the car. There was a sign that said “Walking Dogs not Allowed” so luckily, Danny did not do any barking. On the way back, we stopped a WaWa for a cup of coffee and gave Danny some water. Naomi walked him while I got the coffee.

When we got home, we rested a while until Naomi's husband, Jim came. We had lunch and then took two shelves to the storage bin. Ann, the building manager wasn't home so we thought we wouldn't be able to get the things at the office warehouse. Ann called around 4:00 she was able to help me get into the warehouse. We then went to the warehouse and loaded Jim's truck with three shelves and a lot of boxes. Ann had boxed everything up for me.
We had to make two trips. We loaded the two shelves that were to come home and took some more boxes to the storage bin.

It was now 6:00 and we returned to Ann's and went to get a pizza for dinner. I took Danny Boy out while Naomi and Jim got the table ready. We enjoyed the pizza and then brought in the shelves. It was good to get that job finished. Now I have to bring home one box at a time and go through it. It will take time but I'll do one day at a time.

Naomi and Jim went home and I am so very grateful to them for all their help. Dottie will come tomorrow. I have some business to do for the next week and I'll be glad to have Dottie to help me.

I am really beat so I'll join Danny Boy in my bed.

News from the Vorlon Wife.

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/03/07 10:25 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (0)

Friday, March 2, 2007

Friday, March 2, 2007

Today, the building manager of the office we worked at dropped off some computers and parts for my nephew. I have several items for him. She also brought the telephones that I can take back to the company who sold them to us and they will pay me for them.

After she left, Naomi and I took Danny Boy for a ride to Parvin State Park and took a look walk along the trail. He trotted along at a fast pace barking at joggers, bicyclists, and people walking their dogs. He loved it. When we got home, he ate his dinner and went to bed. He had a nice nap then came down and cuddled with me for a while before going out for the last time to do his business.

Well, we want to get up early tomorrow to go to the cemetery. It is Ted’s birthday and I have some spring floral arrangements to put on the graves.

Naomi’s husband Jim will be coming in the afternoon with his truck. We will take some bookshelves to the storage unit. I have three shelves but they do not match. I have some other bookshelves still at the office (that do match) that I want to bring home and the others go to the storage unit. When I get them exchanged, I’ll be able to place the stuff that’s on the floor on the shelves.

Naomi will be going home and Dottie will be coming.

I am grateful to have so many wonderful friends who have taken their time to come and help me through this difficult time that I going through.

News from the Vorlon Wife

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/02/07 10:14 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (4)

Thursday, March 1, 2007

Thursday, March 1,2007

Today, I did a lot more paperwork. I had a box of important papers and went through one by one.

I tried to tie up the business transactions but a back order is stuck in the computer and I have been able to figure out how to get it out. I can’t go any further until I get the back order transferred into an
Invoice. Hopefully, I can get that cleaned up tomorrow.

Some of my neighbors did not know Ted had passed away and were very sadden today. Naomi told one neighbor who was shocked by the news. My neighbor across the street did not know either. I told her and at lunchtime, her husband came over to offer his sympathy and any help that I may need. I will need help starting the lawn mower in a few more weeks.

My snow crocuses are in full bloom and I pick some daffodil buds that were broken down by the snow and ice last week. They are bloom in a vase in my kitchen window. Naomi will help me with learning to use Ted’s camera and perhaps I can get some photos. I will then need some help as to how to post the photos on the blog.

Danny Boy seems to get upset while I am typing at the computer. I wonder if he misses Ted typing here. He wines and whimpers. Maybe he just wants to go out. Heavy rain is expected tomorrow morning. Danny doesn’t like rain. He runs across the driveway, does his business and runs back in. He usually likes to walk a couple blocks or go all the way around the block. He loves to be outside.

I went to choir practice tonight. The songs were uplifting. I like singing in the choir. It’s a good therapy for me.

News from the Vorlon Wife

Posted by The Vorlon on 03/01/07 9:01 PM | Link | Enter your comments here (4)